PDA

View Full Version : Playing against a 25% raiser

Webster
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
How do you guys handle it when a player is a 25% preflop raiser. The last few days I have had guys raise a lot with junk preflop. In hold'm I'm OK but in LO8 where things are more card oriented I'm unsure what to do (besides leave).

bodie
09-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Webster,
It's easier to try and have that sort of player on your right, but either way you have to figure before you play a hand that he will likely raise, and you have to decide if you want to see the flop for twice the money.
A player like that can be annoying, but they can also make more money for you when you have a good hand and it matches the flop. I basically ignore them, and it can be fun to watch them make a ton of money and then lose it just as fast.

Webster
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
So just play tighter knowing that they will raise? I have found that the only thing raising does is put more $$ into the pot, it sure does not get people to fold (at 1/2 and below).

Everytime so far that have been on my left which is really irratating on close hands. Then you have some bozo reraise him and I'm sitting there thinking that my marginal hand keeps getting better odds.

In the background I start hearing a giant sucking sound starts up.

chaos
09-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Basically I just play my normal game minus some marginal hands. His raises do not mean he has a strong hand so let him build pots for you. Keep playing well both before and after the flop and let the money flow to you.