PDA

View Full Version : Srt8 Flush vs. Nut Boat - How do I get maximum $$$

09-07-2005, 03:22 PM
$100 buy in NLHE online.

I have $206 and Foe has $287. I have 9 7 clubs and Foe has J J no clubs.

Foe makes it $3 from the SB, and 3 other people call.

Flop is J 8 6 of clubs.

Pot is now $12. Foe bets $12, everyone folds to me, i raise to $24, foe calls. The pot is now $48.

Turn is the 10 of diamonds.

Foe checks, I bet another $24, foe calls making the pot $96.

River is the 10 of clubs.

Foe wakes up and bets $25 into a $96 pot.

I raise to $60 and foe calls making the pot $216.

At that point foe had about $176 in his stack and I had $119. Should I have raised all in on the end to get all of his money? Not sure if I played this the best I could.

thoughts?

jkkkk
09-07-2005, 03:29 PM
He only called?

Baby Jesus would not be pleased. Obviously if you somehow knew he had JJ, you push, hes not folding this house, he certainly shouldn't be calling either.

GoCubsGo
09-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Yikes. There is no way all the money shouldn't be in the middle here. Raise more on the flop. Make it $36. Since you didn't, bet the pot on the turn. If a club comes on the river that absolutely kills your action. Push the river. I'm surprised this guy just called your raise. You'd think he'd be dying to get it all in here. Who anticipates a straight flush?

09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I cant believe he just called my river raise. i figured if he had the boat, he would move in.

thanks for the advice.

JustToast
09-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Hmm...

bet more on the turn $36 or so.

raise to full pot on the river or just push.

You had to have him drawing at a full house or nut flush so hitting both of them, he won't fold. I'm surprised he didn't push on you if he had the nut full house. No idea why he would give you credit for quads or the straight flush.

UOPokerPlayer
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Raise flop to 35, you want to get all the money in here. You need to at least pot the turn, if not just push. Making the big flop raise and pushing when you make the straight i like a lot. You have the nuts here and every hand that villian called the big flop raise with is going to call the turn. I rarely see opponents fold overpairs and even call with AJ here. The only thing that folds is a flush draw, and they even call sometimes. The flush draw would probably fold to a pot bet if they're going to fold to the push bet anyways. The worst thing you can do on the turn is check or make a small bet, the draw that hurts you gets a free/cheap card, and everything else you lose value from.

Push river. But really you shouldn't have chips in front of you at that point. Big flop raise and push is the best line in my opinion.

09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Seems to be the concensus.

If the river is a club other than the 10 or 5, I could be in big trouble. I gave him 3 to 1 on the turn, which isn't good enough to draw, but most of the players at this level call no matter what if they have the nut flush draw.