PDA

View Full Version : While Thousands Are Left Homeless In The Gulf Coast Region....

Broken Glass Can
09-07-2005, 03:10 PM
While Thousands Are Left Homeless In The Gulf Coast Region, Hillary Having Million Dollar Renovation To Her Home

Hard to believe isn't it? While thousands of people in the Gulf Coast have had to evacuate their homes, and have lost everything, Hillary, who has called for a Katrina Commission, has decided to fork over nearly a million dollars for "home improvements..."

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is spending nearly $1 million on an expansion and renovation of her swank Washington mansion, as she prepares a fund-raising bonanza for her re-election campaign — and potential White House bid.

The posh two-story brick pad, nestled next to the vice-presidential compound at the Naval Observatory, is already a fund-raising factory — and will soon boast a slew of new features to dazzle fat cats.

She is gutting and remodeling the first floor of the home and adding a 1,000-square-foot room on the back, complete with a new raised terrace kicking out into a quarter-acre of perfectly manicured gardens.

And this remodelling isn't so she can house Katrina victims... it's for donors...

Clinton can think of [the expansion/renovation] as an investment in her political future.

"A lot of this is social one-upmanship. That's how you get money," noted political scholar Larry Sabato.

"To have the home be a multimillion-dollar mansion guarantees that the RSVPs will pour in."

It's all about Hillary...

warlockjd
09-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Wow, so she hadn't planned on remodeling till the hurricane hit?

This is indeed disturbing.

Wes ManTooth
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
While thousands are left homeless in the gulf coast region... I had a turkey sub for lunch today. It had lettuce, tomatoes and onions with provolone cheese on a wheat roll. Also it had golden spicy mustard, way better then regular mustard a little bit more expensive but still though i feel bad about it during times like this...

andyfox
09-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Well then she should get that unemployed husband of hers out of the house to raise some money for the victims.

Oh, wait, your hero already had that idea . . .

And he also had the idea to cut her taxes so she'd have more money to make the renovations.

MaxPower
09-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I get it now. This is one of those posts that I am not supposed to take seriously.

benfranklin
09-07-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get it now. This is one of those posts that I am not supposed to take seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware that there were any other kind. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hal 2000
09-07-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While Thousands Are Left Homeless In The Gulf Coast Region, Hillary Having Million Dollar Renovation To Her Home

Hard to believe isn't it? While thousands of people in the Gulf Coast have had to evacuate their homes, and have lost everything, Hillary, who has called for a Katrina Commission, has decided to fork over nearly a million dollars for "home improvements..."

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is spending nearly $1 million on an expansion and renovation of her swank Washington mansion, as she prepares a fund-raising bonanza for her re-election campaign — and potential White House bid.

The posh two-story brick pad, nestled next to the vice-presidential compound at the Naval Observatory, is already a fund-raising factory — and will soon boast a slew of new features to dazzle fat cats.

She is gutting and remodeling the first floor of the home and adding a 1,000-square-foot room on the back, complete with a new raised terrace kicking out into a quarter-acre of perfectly manicured gardens.

And this remodelling isn't so she can house Katrina victims... it's for donors...

Clinton can think of [the expansion/renovation] as an investment in her political future.

"A lot of this is social one-upmanship. That's how you get money," noted political scholar Larry Sabato.

"To have the home be a multimillion-dollar mansion guarantees that the RSVPs will pour in."

[/ QUOTE ]

And if instead, she spent $1 million to buy supplies for the victims, and brought her husband with her to New Orleans to distribute them, it would just be seen as a ploy to get more face time; an attempt to undermine Bush.

Tell us, BGC, EXACTLY how do you want Mrs. Clinton to conduct herself throughout this tragedy?

superleeds
09-07-2005, 04:43 PM
... BGC still unfortunately has internet connection /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Broken Glass Can
09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... BGC still unfortunately has internet connection /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thank my buddy Al for that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://lawrencedemocrats.org/54463355.jpg

Analyst
09-07-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, without this million-dollar remodel Hillary Clinton would never be able to get people to attend her fundraisers.

Abednego
09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
precisely why the tax cuts are good for the economy

jaxmike
09-07-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, without this million-dollar remodel Hillary Clinton would never be able to get people to attend her fundraisers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't intending to reply to this message, it was a mistake..

jaxmike
09-07-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think people got your point...

MtSmalls
09-08-2005, 02:14 PM
While thousands are left homeless in the Gulf Coast regions, the Vice President, who stayed on Vacation until the end of the week, is buying a new multi-million dollar vacation home on Chesapeake Bay....

siccjay
09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
At least she wasn't on vacation.

nyc999
09-10-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The nine-acre lot includes extensive gardens, ornamental pools and spectacular views of the water behind it. Deer and osprey can be seen.

--From a Washington Post article on Dick Cheney's new estate in St. Michaels, MD, where he was mansion-shopping after Hurricane Katrina destroyed the Gulf Coast. (9/5/05)

whiskeytown
09-10-2005, 11:21 PM
could be worse, she could have been jacking off in Texas on Vacation while people were dying - I think that's much worse. She didn't fail in her oath to defend the United States - your guy did....There's a reason they call the body of water filled with sewage and bodies "Lake George"

face it, nothing is gonna wipe away the shame this administration deserves - not pointing out home remodeling projects of Senators from NYC, not blaming state govt., nothing.

Your man is simply incapable of leading in a professional manner. He really should resign before he makes more bad decisions that get more people killed.

RB

Roybert
09-11-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At least she wasn't on vacation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roybert
09-11-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While thousands are left homeless in the Gulf Coast regions, the Vice President, who stayed on Vacation until the end of the week, is buying a new multi-million dollar vacation home on Chesapeake Bay....

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9867/431f4dbfca5cb4619kc.th.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=431f4dbfca5cb4619kc.jpg)

Roybert
09-11-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9867/431f4dbfca5cb4619kc.th.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=431f4dbfca5cb4619kc.jpg)

[/ QUOTE ]

Any computer genius know how to super-enlarge this photo (BGC stylie)?

anatta
09-11-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
face it, nothing is gonna wipe away the shame this administration deserves - not pointing out home remodeling projects of Senators from NYC, not blaming state govt., nothing.

Your man is simply incapable of leading in a professional manner. He really should resign before he makes more bad decisions that get more people killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a disaster this President has been. My God. That fact that anyone, anyone, can still support this abortion is insane.