PDA

View Full Version : Auto Call down

jon_1van
09-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Does anyone play this different? This hand gave me a queezy feeling. But I'm not sure I made a mistake.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street - (4.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___raises

5th Street - (6.40 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

6th Street - (8.40 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

River - (10.40 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets

Total pot: 12.40 BB

djr
09-07-2005, 02:15 PM
His jam on 4th would suggest (to me) that he doesn't have the flush draw, it really depends on whether he's the type to jam 4th with just a draw. A read on him would be helpful here. BUt if he doesn't have the 4 flush there, he's likely to have two pair or trips. In which case if he doesn't already have you beat, he's picked up an excellent flush draw on 6th.

On 6th, you're looking at a 10.3:1 draw to fill up. He's almost garaunteed to have you beat if you don't. With implied odds, you're barely right to call. Folding can't be too wrong. The river, I fold. Maybe that's weak tight, but I can't see you winning with aces up often enough here to make it worth it.

PoorLawyer
09-07-2005, 02:18 PM
I feel queezy reading it and it brings flashbacks of many a similar hand, but I think it was played fine. Would be better to catch your 4 outer on the river obviously. I think he has to have the flush though. What else could he have to reraise on 4th? if he had JJJ he probably waits to raise until 5th. Would he call a completion with 33J? Maybe he has the other two aces in the hole? Nothing else makes sense to me.

jon_1van
09-07-2005, 02:25 PM
What do you think when I catch the J/images/graemlins/club.gif on 6th?

PoorLawyer
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think when I catch the J/images/graemlins/club.gif on 6th?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he wasnt rolled up and he better have J3J3 or unimproved aces in the hole or you are in trouble. The question is, can you fold on 6th or do you have to try to fill.

BTirish
09-07-2005, 07:10 PM
This one's got me stumped a little bit... the villian's raise almost guarantees isolation, which makes me think 2-pair. But it comes down to read, then--the only hand I would routintely raise with from this position is 2 pair, to isolate against the probable higher pair (but I might also raise with a set of 3's... but I wouldn't have called with 3-3-J in the first place). But reading "how I play" into "what opponents do" is pretty dangerous.

He may have the four-flush or a set. If so, I think he misplayed the hand (on 3rd or 4th, or both). I'll say what vintage sara said in another post yesterday... the value of calling for information to see what the villian is willing to cap with (out of position, even) adds to the showdown value of the aces up.

Roland
09-07-2005, 07:55 PM
I play it the same. Btw, I think it’s not at all impossible that he’s raising with just jacks on 4th.

grb137
09-07-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His jam on 4th would suggest (to me) that he doesn't have the flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

At the very least, have you not seen BeerMoney's posts?

djr
09-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I've seen Beer's posts, but my understanding was he's an anomaly in jamming flush draws not the norm. And I know it's common to raise on 4th with a 4 flush, do you really cap it when it gets heads up?

Roland
09-07-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he’s right. And I know Beer wouldn’t raise here. With a flush draw, you don’t want to get heads-up with the aces, right? You want those other two guys in. So you call.
If you’re in last position, you can jam.

Andy B
09-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I am very much in the habit of calling down open four-flushes with two pair, and this would be no exception. The only thing I do differently is I probably bet out on fifth.

jon_1van
09-07-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this very humorous

Thanks grb

jon_1van
09-07-2005, 11:06 PM
opponent show 2 pair from 4th street. I win