PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands from my wild $5-5 home game

nuSFwck
09-07-2005, 01:53 PM
this is a crazy game. MP is a wild player from charlotte who will play anything at any time. he's also a drug dealer and has a "[censored] it let's gamble" attitude. CO is fairly loose preflop, but he's good postflop. button is TAG. blinds are irrelevant here. i have been playing fairly laggy all night, but i tend to get respect for some reason.

hand 1:

i straddle from utg, MP calls, and CO announces "i raise blind, make it $50". button and blinds fold, i call with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP calls.

flop (160$) comes j /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i check, MP checks, CO looks at his cards and leads for $100

i raise to $300, MP folds, CO smiles and pushes (~$900). we have about equal stacks. now what? fold quickly?

hand 2:

crazy MP from last hand makes it $25 UTG and it's folded to me in BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif.

i call and flop ($55) is KQA rainbow. I check/call $30.

the turn ($115) is the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG bets 75$ and i check raise to $300. he looks flustered but quickly calls. i think i should raise more here, $400-450?

9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the river and i check-fold when he pushes like $800 into the middle. what do i do differently? another easy fold? i thought so...

i know this should probably go in the mid-, high forum, but this is where i hang out and i like you guys better.

MINETZ
09-07-2005, 02:01 PM
did person in mp1 really raise dark? if so i call, hand 2, i agree should be a bigger raise, he woulda called tho, so u saved urself money.
Noah

nuSFwck
09-07-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did person in mp1 really raise dark?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. he didn't look at his cards til it was checked to him on flop.

JustToast
09-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Hand 1:
I fold

Hand 2:
I fold
Getting corrupted sucks

Perhaps MHNL can help you out more...

09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
If you are sure hand #1 is raised blind (his cards re-main exactly where they were dealt, he hasn't touched them or moved them closer to him) reraise preflop to about $200.

As played, I call his push, so long as you have no shortage of money in your pocket. You want to have atleast 2 or 3 grand, in your pocket, to crack this game.

Your mistake in the second hand was calling the flop. Why on earth would you do that?

nuSFwck
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Your mistake in the second hand was calling the flop. Why on earth would you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i could have bet at the flop or check raised. my plan was to check call the flop and check raise the turn. i thought this would be the best way to build my stack with villian's chips. i read him for a mediocre/weak ace, and if not for the river pairing the board he would have happily shown down his hand, even if it meant calling an all in.

Georgia Avenue
09-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Hand 2 OK
Hand 1 I agree with whoever said Big raise PF, as long as you don't think the limper's calling. Any A is very stong against a blind wacko, calling just plays into his hands so he can bluff you or win a big pot with j7.

Straddle+blindbet+callingstation...
God I love live poker.