PDA

View Full Version : OBX

Slow Play Ray
09-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm heading to the Outer Banks, NC this weekend for 5 relaxing days in the sun. I have a large group of friends that all go on vacation together every year (this year there are 15 of us). We went to OBX last year too, but we didn't do much beyond hang out at the beach by day and drink ourselves completely stupid at night. Not that I want to do much else, but in case I get ambitious, does anyone know of anything cool to do, particularly in the Salvo region?

unlucky513
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
i go to the OBX every year with my family... the first year we stayed in kitty hawk, the next few years we stayed in hatteras.. now we get a house on ocracoke every year...

i don't know of much to do on the OBX, its a family vacation spot more than a party spot.

where is the salvo region?

Slow Play Ray
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
much to do on the OBX, its a family vacation spot more than a party spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bring enough people it is! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
where is the salvo region?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about half-way between Kitty Hawk and Ocracoke (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory =&searchtab=home&address=&city=salvo&state=nc&zipc ode=).

ghostface
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I live there. Ask me if you have any questions about where things are or whats fun to do.

Theres not much in Salvo, but if you wanted to go about 25 miles north you'd find the center of the outer banks. It's where all the restaurants, shops and other stuff is.

Edit:
After looking at that map I realized how screwed salvo is. Theres some stuff to do in Buxton or KDH, but nothing in Salvo. I'd just stay at the house and drink all day.

Slow Play Ray
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just stay at the house and drink all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my real plan anyway, I like to relax on vacation and not be running around constantly. I was just thinking maybe I would try to find something to do in case I was overtaken by ambition...I'll probably go rent a jetski for an hour at some point...other than that, it'll be beers by the pool (I assume the ocean will be too intense this week).

Has anyone else ever been? They have some KILLER houses for good deals once the off-season hits (we are now in the off-season). We got a 10-bedroom house with every amenity imaginable (even an elevator) for the week for like $2400, split 15 ways.