PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

QTip
09-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Villain is unknown

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Had a c/r in mind on the flop?

Bet this turn?

Given these options of turn action:

1. You check, he checks.

2. You check, he bets, you call

3. You bet, he raises, you call

What's your plan if you catch 2 pair on the river?

What's your plan if you catch a flush on the river?

callmedonnie
09-07-2005, 01:55 PM
weird hand. utg+1 raises pf and checks flop? The last time I saw this it was an underpair.

If you had c/r flop, if he just calls you lead any turn? I was just thinking this might be a time to lead flop, call raise, c/c turn unimproved. I don't really know. C/R is my move, just wondering what a lead would do. Hard to 3 bet w/out read.

On river w/ plan 1 (two checks) I bet the river for value UI as long as safe river card. same obviously goes for two pair and flush.

With the second option I think I lead my flush. he is an unknown and it would be criminal to not gain any value from it. with two pair I prefer a c/r, because it is less obvious than the flush too. I think villain would be more likely to check behind when flush hit then queen.

With third option I lead my flush for above reasons. I think I c/c two pair. I don't think KQ is likely, but now I'm afraid of a set of tens or kings.

otis_nixon
09-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Given these options of turn action:

1. You check, he checks.

2. You check, he bets, you call

3. You bet, he raises, you call

What's your plan if you catch 2 pair on the river?

What's your plan if you catch a flush on the river?

I like the c/r on the flop and lead the turn line

but after the raise on the turn I would just check call unless the spaid hits on the river then maybe if the spade hits I checkraise here because he might of flopped a set after checking the flop after a preflop raise

Entity
09-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I check the turn here. You're gonna get raised by bad players SOOOOOOOO often on the turn.

Rob

QTip
09-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Those were my thoughts.

I decided it was less devasting to give away a free card on the turn in a small pot than it was to have to call a turn raise.

He checked behind.

I had decided to bet/call 2 pair or trips and bet/3-bet the flush.

UI...I was still uncertain, but I was leaning towards a c/c.

W. Deranged
09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
I think that you can make a pretty good case for check-calling this turn and then leading the river, folding to a raise if you don't improve on the river.

Here's the thought:

1. Villain is probably checking this flop with either: a) a huge hand; b) nothing.

2. If villain has absolutely nothing, considering there are only a few overcards that can hurt you, and your flush draw means a free card is probably more likely to improve your hand than villain's, checking the turn is not that bad. You probably couldn't get a call from him anyway and your hand is not that vulnerable in the small pot.

3. If villain does indeed have a terrible hand, he'll often bet this turn with nothing/A high/a smaller pocket pair or something just trying to pick up the pot considering you've checked to him twice. Therefore, if villain has nothing, you probably have a better expectation by letting villain bet his hand than by betting out for value/to protect a very small pot.

4. If villain has a huge hand, he may be trying to induce a bet from you, which he'll raise. This is very bad considering you have many live outs. I really, really don't like falling into poorly conceived "traps" which fancy/tricky/bad villain's try to set up.

5. River may be a value bet. It clearly is if you improve. Folding to a raise with a medium pair is probably doable in this small pot.

W. Deranged
09-07-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check the turn here. You're gonna get raised by bad players SOOOOOOOO often on the flop.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like there's some concensus growing here...

River unimproved is tough. I doubt that there's that much different between bet-fold and check-call. Betting out may induce villain to make a confusion call with A high or something.

QTip
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
River was the 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet, he called and showed AKo.