PDA

View Full Version : Better than Netflix?

NA_kicker
09-07-2005, 01:06 PM
www.intelliflix.com (http://www.intelliflix.com)

Anyone use this site?

8.25 a month for 3 DVDs at a time, unlimited rentals. You have to prepay a year, but its only 99$.

This offer ends tonight. Im probably going to sign up, is anyone going to talk me out of it?

joshman1204
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Have heard lots of bad things about movies taking weeks to arrive and them having long waits for good movies.

istewart
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Any place that has a Wesley Snipes movie anywhere on the front page of the website is destined to fail.

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 02:29 PM
hope they're not out of business w/in the year.

brazilio
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Blade 1 and 2 were awesome, your hypothesis has serious flaws.

SL__72
09-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Have you tried Netflix? My guess is their selection is smaller and they aren't nearly as quick about delivering DVDs as Netflix. If you can only rent 9 dvds a month because it takes so long to send/recieve them its not a great deal.

phage
09-07-2005, 02:35 PM
On a related note...Has anyone tried Zip in Canada? I was looking for a service similar to Netflix and could not find any info on how well Zip served its customers. Any help would be appreciated.

Blarg
09-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Just a note on Netflix for comparison.

They lowered their rates for three movies at a time by one third, but the value of their service dropped in half. It takes me twice as long now to get movies, and this has been consistent over a couple of months.

They used to be like lightning, acknowledging receipt of movies right away(now they do not), and sending out movies the same day they acknowledged receipt(now they often do not), as well as sending out movies individually as soon as possible(now my stuff almost gets sent out all on the same day, even though I'm on the 8-at-a-time plan -- the first doesn't get sent out until the last is done, which may be the following day).

At this rate, I don't get many more movies on the 8-at-a-time plan than I did on the 3-at-a-time plan when they had better service.