PDA

View Full Version : AQ in SB w/ out a fancy subject

JMa
09-07-2005, 12:46 PM
NL 5/10
So Villain ($1500) raises to $25 from UTG. All fold to me in SB w/ AQo. I pop it to $105. BB folds and UTG hesitates then calls.

The flop is A T 3 rainbow. I check in order to collect a bluff bet from KK/QQ/JJ. He bets pot, I call.

The turn is 9 and completes the rainbow. It goes check check. Im pretty sure that im ahead here.

The turn is an 8. I bet out 1/4 of the pot as a blocking bet. He reraises and gives me 3-1 on the call. I fold.

AZK
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
check river is my default...

09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Why re-raise preflop OOP against an UTG raiser with AQo? If you think he has KK/QQ/JJ, shouldn't a fold be the move? Even though the raise is small, I'd me more inclined to just call and see a flop, rather than build a huge pot with a trouble hand.

Aside from that, I like your line post-flop, although I may check-call the river, if the opponent is likely to take another stab with KK.

D

09-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I really don't understand here, do you think he hit a set on the river or had QJ? If you think you're ahead on the turn why do you think you're beat on the river? I'd probably check-call the river as the others said.

flawless_victory
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn is an 8. I bet out 1/4 of the pot as a blocking bet. He reraises and gives me 3-1 on the call. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]next time, just openfold if you want to hand the pot to the worst hand.

JMa
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]next time, just openfold if you want to hand the pot to the worst hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cant seem to remember once when I have called a river raise w/ 3-1 odds and won a hand. I shouldve bet the turn / checked the river.

Allinlife
09-07-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this kind of bet will get raised majority of the time by any decent aggresive player holding 2 cards.