PDA

View Full Version : 107s Delayed Bluff

orange
09-07-2005, 12:29 PM
.10/.25 NL 6 handed Live.

Villan is very predictable- he has a very high Pre-Flop raise % (he'll raise with K7 and up), but his aggression just dies postflop. He is very easy to outplay, and very easy to read. He will generally make a continuation bet(probobly doesn't even realize it), and after, he dies down quick. He has ~$20.

Hero has been playing TAG, and covers villan.

One limper (UTG) and all fold to villan in the SB who raises to $1.

Hero has 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif calls
UTG calls

($3)Flop- 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets $1
Hero calls $1
UTG folds

($5)Turn: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks
Hero bets $4

Standard right?

09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Fold PF.

yvesaint
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
A bluff is never 'standard' in SSNL. With your reads, this is a good spot to bluff, because he's probably laying down anything that didn't hit. Although, I'd be much less inclined to bluff when UTG is still in the pot. Also, I'd much rather raise the flop to bluff than wait for the turn - any face card on the turn is usually bad news.

wtfsvi
09-07-2005, 12:56 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
A bluff is never 'standard' in SSNL. With your reads, this is a good spot to bluff, because he's probably laying down anything that didn't hit. Although, I'd be much less inclined to bluff when UTG is still in the pot. Also, I'd much rather raise the flop to bluff than wait for the turn - any face card on the turn is usually bad news.

[/ QUOTE ] Benefit of just calling the flop is that if UTG likes his hand you only lose $1.

crosse91
09-07-2005, 01:01 PM
On bluffing here, its usually incorrect to call a flop bet in this spot to bet turn. Glad it worked out this time, but this should not be a standard play for 2 reasons.

1. On the flop you're sandwhiched. What if the player to act after you flat calls are raises? You've pretty much wasted money b/c you'll fold to a raise and betting out on the turn is risky b/c you've got an unknown who called the flop bet, who very well has something. If you want to bluff at this pot, raise it on the flop, but 97%+ you should be folding here.

2. You don't have the position to bluff on the turn. If you were first to act then you could bet into him and place the pressure on him on the turn. However, you are 2nd to act and may only steal this pot if checked too. What if he bets out on turn again? Then you fold, and you've wasted money.

Think about your position when bluffing, the only thing more important is choosing the correct players to bluff.

crosse91
09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
that's 4 bb here, i'd prefer to just fold. However, you're right it does save money.

orange
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks for responses. True, if UTG had called, I would be shutting down quickly. Thanks crosse for the positional advice- I didn't think about it much during the hand.

IMO, SB's folding equity is very very high here. In this game, I called with any 2 against his raise if me and him were headsup every time.