PDA

View Full Version : why does one always feel like S___ after busting out of tourney

PokerPaul
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Unless you win the whole thing, it always sucks when u get bumped.

Last night in the WCOOP HU event, i played well, fought my way through some tough opponents to get to the final 32. Then met up with another really tough opponent, and we see sawed back and forth with both battling strong, only for me to go out in end on a allin chase with him catching river flush draw.

I should be happy, and i am, but all nite 2 key hands i played where i made mistakes which would have turned the game around kept me awake and frustrated.

winning about 1500 is good yes, but just 2 rds further yur looking at 6600 to 10000, 20000, 40000 and you can't help but feel a bit disappointed despite having played well all night and getting good score.

Gosh it must be tough being a fulltime tourney pro.

Smackdab
09-07-2005, 01:06 PM
In the end the only thng that matters is how well you played. If I bust knowing I played my A game and was either outplayed by a better opponet or drawn out on by a weaker one there is not much I can do to avoid this.

On the other hand if I played like a complete donk and busted then I can beat myself up quite well over it.

All you can do is bring your A game, hope you run good at oppurtune times which you must have a little luck to survive and advance.