PDA

View Full Version : $22 - AKs Bubble ... Short stacked

09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Curious... what do you do here normally? You just pushed last hand and doubled up from the short stack, leaving him crippled.

Deal to HERO A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

HERO IS UTG (900)
Shorty (200)
Biggy (4000)
Other biggy (2900)

Blinds are 50/100

Preflop
=======

Hero??

I lost the hand history, but I did my best to represent it with text. Whats your move, UTG?

I do suspect almost everyone to say PUSH, but I am wondering if there are any other opinions.

Thanks

09-07-2005, 12:05 PM
push again

bennies
09-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Shortie is Button right?

I'd push if the big stacks are not loose, I don't want to be called by 22 or 78s here.

If they are loose.... , I don't know, I think it's close between folding/minraising/pushing. If the blinds go up in time to eat shortie I'd lean towards not pushing.

09-07-2005, 01:42 PM
OK...

Let's change the situation. Both biggies are LOOSE, and since I raised last time, there is a good chance I may get called.

Do you still push?

Hornacek
09-07-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd still push. If you min raise or anything else, you're still going to get called by the loose blinds, so its either push or fold. Folding doesn't seem wise. The blinds are about to hit you, and its no guarantee that you're going to get 3rd automatically.

You might want to take a look at ICM, thats just my 1.5 cents.

45suited
09-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Anything wrong with calling in order to help insure that shorty doesn't double up?

My gut tells me without running any numbers that pushing can't be correct here. Too easy for shorty to fold and for you to bust. I'm thinking that it's worth 100 chips to keep shorty from pushing and doubling. If he folds, play with caution against the biggies.

09-07-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything wrong with calling in order to help insure that shorty doesn't double up?

My gut tells me without running any numbers that pushing can't be correct here. Too easy for shorty to fold and for you to bust. I'm thinking that it's worth 100 chips to keep shorty from pushing and doubling. If he folds, play with caution against the biggies.

[/ QUOTE ]

good anwser! This is the kind of stuff I am looking for.

That play seems to be wise. My gut told me not to push for the same reasons, but then I look at how sexy AKs is. I pushed, got called by a biggie with JQs , and lost to a flush.

Not a bad beat post by any means. Hope I am not making it sound like one. Good anwser !

tigerite
09-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, it totally depends on the looseness of the big stacks. AKs is pretty and all, but if they are calling with a lot it's quite probably a fold, even though I haven't run the numbers either.

bennies
09-07-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good anwser! This is the kind of stuff I am looking for.

That play seems to be wise. My gut told me not to push for the same reasons, but then I look at how sexy AKs is. I pushed, got called by a biggie with JQs , and lost to a flush.

Not a bad beat post by any means. Hope I am not making it sound like one. Good anwser !

[/ QUOTE ]

If you (always?) know the answers then why post questions?
Calling is 100 out the window of course, but yes, maybe it is worth it.

wiggs73
09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
I'd probably fold this with loose big stacks. I don't usually advocate playing for 3rd, but this is one situation where I think it's correct to.

09-07-2005, 06:22 PM
I didn't know the answer. That is why I posted.

Sorry, maybe I confused the forum... by "Good post!" I meant I liked his idea. Also, I was a little drunk at the time of post, so it didn't come out as clear as I had hoped.

(Yes, drunk in the afternoon, in case anyone notices... work party /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... what was I doning on 2+2?).

Cheers

valenzuela
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
I just adovocate whatever makes more money, if that means folding AKs( god knows what did u push with since u got called b QJs next play) on an unraised pot..well a man gotta do what a man gotta do. Limping isnt bad either, that way short stack suffers,well I wouldnt push here, Im not being results oriented. ( of course If youve havent pushed J3 lately I will push)