PDA

View Full Version : Winning with big slick

Jeffro
04-24-2003, 10:57 AM
AKo has been a problem hand for me, and I'm losing money. Looking at my database I have a very difficult time getting away from it and if I do hit I don’t make enough.

Paradise 2-4
Unknown UTG calls, loose UTG+1 calls, I raise with Ad Kc, decent LP calls two cold, blinds fold, UTG and UTG+1 call the raise.
*** FLOP *** : [ 4c 3d 2c ]
Checked to me, I bet, they all call.
*** TURN *** : [ 4c 3d 2c ] [ Ac ]
Checked to me, I bet, they all call.
*** RIVER *** : [ 4c 3d 2c Ac ] [ Kh ]
Checked to me, I bet, LP folds, the other two call.

How did I do?
Results and thoughts to follow.

Bob T.
04-24-2003, 02:49 PM
I think you did fine. I can't imagine that you lost this hand, and until you get resistance, I can't imagine playing it any other way.

RockLobster
04-24-2003, 03:23 PM

Jeffro
04-24-2003, 04:47 PM
UTG takes it down with 10c 9c. UTG+1 had turned the straight with 57o. The turn bet seemed like a no-brainer bet with top pair and a draw to the second nut. But I'm just wondering about the value of the river bet.

Bob T.
04-25-2003, 03:29 AM
You lost ZERO money on this hand. If you check, and it gets bet behind you, I hope you aren't telling my you are going to lay down this hand with top two?. You had a hand where you were going to put one bet in on the river, you did, and you didn't win. I like your play a lot better than either of your opponents play. They let you play this hand for at least one big bet less than it should have cost you. Say, 'nice hand', and get on to the next one.