PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods WPT $500+$65 NL Hold Em-Expected Attendance?

grandgnu
09-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Last year there was around 850 players. Looking at their payout structure, they go up to 999 or more, which pays 100 spots. Wasn't sure if anyone believes there will be in excess of 1K players in this event?

I figure it should easily have 800-1,000. But what if it has 1,200, think they'll pay 120 spots or stick with just 100?

Looks like first place will be in the $115,000-$130,00 range based on my calculations (between 800-1K players)

The bottom rung of places won't even pay double your buy-in (between $600-$750 by my calculations)

Army Eye
09-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I don't think they can handle 1,200. The $500 NL event in the New England Poker Classic this year was filled to absolute capacity, and they were able to take about 100 alternates. That one amounted to 958 entries.

I think it easily would surpass 1,200 if not for the physical limitations.

grandgnu
09-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Wasn't sure if any well-known pro's play this $500 event? I've got a buddy here on 2+2 who played last year I believe in the $500 Seniors Event at Foxoods. He was busted out at the final table in 4th place by Men "The Master" when his pocket Kings got outdrawn by 7/8 suited for a straight.

I've heard rumors that Greg Raymer still can be found in the Tuesday night rebuy weekly tourney at Foxwoods, although from what I've seen him quoted for, he seems to only be playing the 10K events lately, so that's a little conflicting info.

While it's certainly -EV, I'm kinda hoping I run into some well-known player during the event, that would be worth the price of admission.

cwsiggy
09-07-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard rumors that Greg Raymer still can be found in the Tuesday night rebuy weekly tourney at Foxwoods, although from what I've seen him quoted for, he seems to only be playing the 10K events lately, so that's a little conflicting info.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he moved to North Carolina this week as a matter of fact. don't think he'll be at Foxwoods ona regular basis anymore.

Greg (FossilMan)
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I played on Tuesday night almost every week before the big win, and just the occasional Tuesday night afterwards. I am in NC today for the first full day of my move. Still in a hotel until we move into the house Friday.

I expect to play in the WPF main event, but it is unlikely I'll be there for the preliminary events.

Later, Greg

grandgnu
09-07-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played on Tuesday night almost every week before the big win, and just the occasional Tuesday night afterwards. I am in NC today for the first full day of my move. Still in a hotel until we move into the house Friday.

I expect to play in the WPF main event, but it is unlikely I'll be there for the preliminary events.

Later, Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the response Greg. Congratulations on the move, less snow worries in Winter for you I suspect. Hope I can satellite into the Main Event and catch you there. If not, wishing you the best variance for another final table appearance.

IgorSmiles
09-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Over the last few years, I've seen Huck Seed, Men the Master, Tony Ma, Jason Lester and Evelyn Ng playing in the $500 event.

Big name players do play in that event. I imagine many pros come for the entire thing and play in many of the events as well as the $10,000.

Toro
09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Over the last few years, I've seen Huck Seed, Men the Master, Tony Ma, Jason Lester and Evelyn Ng playing in the $500 event.

Big name players do play in that event. I imagine many pros come for the entire thing and play in many of the events as well as the $10,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two years ago I made the final table in the $500 event and both Huck Seed and Kathy Liebert were at that final table with Seed taking it down. Man, he is really tough to play against, sheer agression.

grandgnu
09-07-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two years ago I made the final table in the $500 event and both Huck Seed and Kathy Liebert were at that final table with Seed taking it down. Man, he is really tough to play against, sheer agression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three words: All-In-Blind. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
09-07-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Later, Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with...Hawaii...? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greg (FossilMan)
09-08-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, but I think that this statement is going to be less true going forward. It used to be that there were only so many major tournament series, and many of the pros traveled from one to another and played in the entire series. Nowadays, there are so many "major" events, that many of these same pros now just travel from place to place to play in the main events, and miss out on most of the preliminary ones (because they're still somewhere else at that time, playing in the previous 10K event).

You will see some big names in the 500 event, and the other prelims at Foxwoods. However, it is my guess that you will not see as many as years past.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)