PDA

View Full Version : bellagio 30/60.... lady called me a nutcase

Tuco
04-24-2003, 05:44 AM
I'm in the BB and it goes limp (fairly solid asian lady), rays (loose maniac german guy), sb call (her name was "Spring"..think she is a tourney player) and i call in BB.

Flop is Js 9h 7s. all check to LMGG who bets. SB folds, i call, FSAL check rays. LMGG calls. I call.

Turn is (Js9h7s) Ks. I check, FSAL bets, LMGG folds, I rays. FSAL calls.

River is (Js9h7s) (Ks) 3s. I check. FSAL checks.

What do I have, what does FSAL have, and am I a maniac?

Tuco.

CrackerZack
04-24-2003, 10:31 AM
an inability to spell raise.

I'd give her something like JTs and you probably a crappy flush. But I suck, so what do I know.

Diplomat
04-24-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm going to guess you have A9o, with the 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif , and poor spelling. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Either that or something wierd like 66 with 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

-Diplomat

Nottom
04-24-2003, 11:11 AM
I think you have Ts and some other card, maybe a 9.
FSAL has AJ cause it seems like a reasonable thing to have.

Than again, I never get these things right.

togilvie
04-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Normally, I'd guess you've got QT and she's got AJ. But that doesn't strike me as a maniacal play at all.

Either way, I'm assuming that you didn't have a flush, and she's calling you a maniac for raising into a scary board. Maybe you had AK? That would be a bit more aggressive approach than I would take, but I wouldn't call it maniacal.

skp
04-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Never mind all of that...congrats on your WSOP showing (assuming you are who I think you are)...the boys at the HI are mighty proud of you....Incidentally, I hope to hell that you don't have a sidebet with the Renaissance Man in the hockey pool...damn, those Leafs suck.

FA_man
04-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Im guessing you held 9T spades and put the FSAL on a high pocket pair either JJ or KK. Just my 2 cents, and those 2 cents are probably over-valued!

mike l.
04-24-2003, 02:55 PM
"What do I have, what does FSAL have, and am I a maniac?"

i give up. what did you both have?

im an okay hand reader, but the action you described to me only narrowed it down like 30-50 hands that each of you could have.

slogger
04-24-2003, 04:04 PM
You had A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif rag and she was betting out a flopped set of 9s.

slogger
04-24-2003, 04:06 PM
And although I wouldn't call that maniacal, it is probably borderline.

Tuco
04-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks mr vicious. I managed to parlay a chip lead with 5 left into a strong 4th place finish. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Looks like ive got a shot to get you rennaissance boys for another $100. Gonna need some points from TB guys to do it tho.

See you soon.

Tuco.

Tuco
04-24-2003, 05:10 PM
I had AcTs. FSAL had KJ.

When the turn came, I thought there was an excellent chance that she would lay down QJ or AJ to a checkrays with the scary Ks turn card. If she called I still had a few outs, but was thinking more along the lines of making the gutshot rather than the flush.

After making the flush on river, I think the check was the right play.

So, the question remains, am I a maniac?

Tuco.

mikelow
04-24-2003, 06:16 PM
You were too passive. I would have bet the /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 10 for value.

skp
04-25-2003, 02:41 PM
If I sat down with 47K in a 30-60 game, I would make plays way more dubious than that one :-)

In any event, I don't think that it was a dubious play. It can be a pretty good semibluff checkraise given that you have a double gutter and a spade (albeit little troublesome) draw.

However, I am not sure that you can get her to laydown on the turn. With this board, if she doesn't already have a made hand, she probably has at least a 4 outer to a full house or a 4 outer to a straight. Though the latter does not beat a flush (which your raise represents), she may feel compelled to call the raise with those "outs". It then leaves you in the uncomfortable position on the river of bluffing again when you don't quite know why she called on the turn.

Bottom Line: Your play is certainly a viable option but I am not so sure that you have enough of a chance to make her lay down her hand (which is of course an integral part of any semibluff play).

lefty rosen
04-25-2003, 02:56 PM
At those stakes the games are generally tight with the occasional chaser but generally not more than 1 on a table you have to make the occasional bold move to bluff win pots. To create an impression that your crazy it will payoff later on when you have high pockets or triples they wont believe you.