PDA

View Full Version : More crazy morning driving...

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Someone explain this one to me.

Every morning I drive through a school zone just before getting to work. The regular speed limit there is 45 but between 7am and 8am it's 15. I usually get there right before 8am. This morning I was running just a few minutes late and got to the school zone at like 8:01 (according to the jackass on the radio). Anyway, at 8:01 people are all going through the zone at like 25 mph.

Why? Apparently they weren't completely sure it was after 8am. What the hell is the point of going 25? Why would these people not be either going 45 or 15? Why pick some random speed in the middle?

Anyway, this was irritating on a day when I was already late. I hate stupid people.

swede123
09-07-2005, 08:59 AM
The same reason why people go 80 when the posted limit is 65, or 50 when it's posted 35. Basically people like to speed "just a little."

Swede

stigmata
09-07-2005, 09:03 AM
In fact they are being perfectly logical.

The chance of running over a child is proportional to:

Speed x No. of children crossing road.

As the number of children reduces (to those who are late to school) we can slowly increase our speed, and our chance of running over a child remains the same.

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The same reason why people go 80 when the posted limit is 65, or 50 when it's posted 35. Basically people like to speed "just a little."

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

No. People usually all go 15 through there. It's strictly enforced.

lucas9000
09-07-2005, 09:11 AM
i think you are unable to accurately gauge their speed because of heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

unreal_nh
09-07-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact they are being perfectly logical.

The chance of running over a child is proportional to:

Speed x No. of children crossing road.

As the number of children reduces (to those who are late to school) we can slowly increase our speed, and our chance of running over a child remains the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you are unable to accurately gauge their speed because of heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... I think this explains why you're a shyster instead of sciencing rockets. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

asofel
09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... I think this explains why you're a shyster instead of sciencing rockets. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you're both on fire today