PDA

View Full Version : Limp reraise on 3rd with 3-flush

blumpkin22
09-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Seat 5 is a calling station. Just call 4th? Take a free card on 5th?

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes___calls

4th Street - (10.90 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___double bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

5th Street - (11.45 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

6th Street - (14.45 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

River - (17.45 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

Total pot: 19.45 BB

kschellenger
09-07-2005, 11:11 AM
I want to preface this with: I don't play much 10/20.

With your high cards and mostly low cards showing, I like a completion right off the bat. Most people usually won't fold to a raise once they've already called the completion.
I like reraising on 4th because the aces either played real deceptively (read: poor) on 3rd and you're way behind or way ahead on 4th. I would take the free card on 5th.
By the way, what do you think seat 5 had?

peritonlogon
09-07-2005, 11:15 AM
He can't be too far behind, all the aces are spoken for on 4th and double bettor only has 2

BeerMoney
09-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I'd like the bet on 5th more if you had a chance of winning this with two pair. Neverless, I still like it because I think you have a better than 33% chance of winning given you have 2 additional outs if you trip up with the two's.

Nice pot.

jon_1van
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I also like the bet. Your play is consistant with pocket Ks.

If you check 5th you are going to guarantee yourself a showdown with the Aces (unimproved or not). So I say keep betting when your diamonds are really live, you have trip outs, you might be able to convince someone to fold AA with the 3 flush by the river.
Also with as many outs as you have you won't lose much on the bet if you are behind (heads up or 3-way)

Bartholow
09-07-2005, 04:17 PM
All looks good to me.

blumpkin22
09-07-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also like the bet. Your play is consistent with pocket Ks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, or rolled 2s.

blumpkin22
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

By the way, what do you think seat 5 had?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a pair and a gutshot straight draw.