PDA

View Full Version : A7s Plan

shant
09-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Party 15/30 awesome table. Nine-handed.

Folded to too-tight TAG who opens in the hijack. Loose-passive CO coldcalls. Solid TAG with stats on the tighter side coldcalls on the button.

I am SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I call. BB is a 100/7 over 60 hands. That first number is correct and he is erratic postflop like betting missed-draws through to the river and checking top pair. BB 3-bets. Everyone calls including me.

Flop: (15 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

What's the best line?

invictus33
09-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Bet the flop out and see if there are any raises. I'd call the raise and c/c down if no more diamonds show up. I'm not calling two cold on this flop though.

09-07-2005, 06:03 AM
I would bet and call a raise too, being to worried about freecards to go for a checkraise.

I think I would bet a non-diamond turn even with one raiser though, I dont want a lone high /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to get a freecard.

Petteri
09-07-2005, 06:05 AM
It is pretty likely you are going to face heat. Even though you have top two pair your hand is marginal and you have 4 outs to improve to virtually nuts.

Ace with better kicker is pretty likely out. In six handed pot it is pretty possible someone has at least one high diamond. Flush is also possibility.

I would lead out betting hoping pre-flop raiser nro 1 will have ace and make rest of the bunch face two bets cold hopefully reducing field.

adsman
09-07-2005, 06:44 AM
There's no way to protect your hand as the pot is too big. Even if you lead out and the BB raises, everyone is going to be getting 9 to 1 on their calls. I check and see who likes this flop and from what position in order to decide my action on the turn if a safe card drops. There are only 4 cards that you're drawing to for your full and there's a good possibility with the preflop action that the other 2 Aces are already accounted for.

jason_t
09-07-2005, 06:53 AM
I play this hand for value, not for protection. So I check/call the BB's bet on this flop and check/raise his punk ass on a non-/images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn.

aK13
09-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I like ramming and jamming -- bet/3bet? =/

I also hope BB raises to fold out some weak single diamonds, even though its unlikely.

invictus33
09-07-2005, 08:08 AM
I don't like the 3 bet, any made flush is capping it and laughing at you. It may be capped before it gets back around to you.

ArturiusX
09-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Nice, everyones given a different line.

In the end, bets in the pot sound good. I might just smooth call the flop and goto war on the turn. But jamming the flop couldn't be bad either. However, I take the equity stance, a single diamonds equity goes way down on a blank turn.

pokerjunky
09-07-2005, 09:19 AM
I was going to say bet and hope BB raises to try and fold some low diamonds but the only person that would possibly fold a low diamond is the original PF raiser. The loose passive CO isn't folding one, the tight TAG button probably doesn't have a diamond low enough that he would cold call a raise PF, and the goofy BB surely isn't folding for one bet on the flop. Since hand protection is unlikely now, checking the flop is probably best, and if its only one bet when it gets back to you, check raise. Otherwise, wait for a non-diamond turn then bet out.

hobbsmann
09-07-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play this hand for value, not for protection.

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree with Jason here that we should play this hand purely for value, but think a bet/3-bet line on the flop and then keep betting a non-diamond turn is the best the line.

Although a bet/call the flop, bet/3-bet a non-diamond turn could be very sexy.

johnnycakes
09-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I check/go crazy.

MaxPower
09-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Check-call the flop. What I would do on the turn depends on who bets the flop. If the turn was not a diamond I would check-raise unless the bet came from the button (in which case I would bet).

I think this is one of the hands Ed Miller talks about where you should wait until turn where your pot equity is greater before raising.

shant
09-07-2005, 06:38 PM
OK, so everyone has a different line.

Flop: (15 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

I bet, BB calls, HJ calls, CO and Button fold.

Turn: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Bet or check-raise?

newhizzle
09-07-2005, 06:51 PM
on the flop, i bet, call a raise and donk bet a non diamond turn

on this turn, i am betting not check-raising, i am not risking a free card on this board

jason_t
09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maxpower and I had the same line.

09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
I initially had no idea, but I like Jason's idea. I couldn't have come up with it on my own, though.

TheHip41
09-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Bet, 3 bet flop

bet, 3 bet non diamond turn

shant
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maxpower and I had the same line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like MaxPower's line too. Do you guys still checkraise this turn card?

aK13
09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Bet -- don't give CO a free card if he holds something like Q or J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Also, I'd puke if I was 3bet by tight player after I C/R.

Bill C
09-07-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 15/30 awesome table. Nine-handed.

Folded to too-tight TAG who opens in the hijack. Loose-passive CO coldcalls. Solid TAG with stats on the tighter side coldcalls on the button.

I am SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I call. BB is a 100/7 over 60 hands. That first number is correct and he is erratic postflop like betting missed-draws through to the river and checking top pair. BB 3-bets. Everyone calls including me.

What's the best line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet/call flop, bet out if the turn's a non-diamond.
Stop 'N Go

bc