PDA

View Full Version : Another Question About Cocaine

Tron
09-07-2005, 04:20 AM
When do you think cocaine will stop being the drug of choice? Heroin and cocaine tend to ebb and flow against each other in terms of popularity, and usually in cycles of about a decade. Well, cocaine has been "cool" for about 10 years... When are rock stars going to start ODing again?

Dynasty
09-07-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When do you think cocaine will stop being the drug of choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought heroin overtook cocaine about 10-15 years ago. Did I miss the the cocaine comeback?

All I use is Pepsi and chocolate.

thatpfunk
09-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I remember in Pukp Fiction ('94) there is a conversation about heroin being really popular.

I think cocaine has made a huge comeback only in the last 3-4 years or so. I can't remember the last college party I have been to where there hasn't been coke around.

Tron
09-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Cocaine is certainly the cool drug to do now; I should know because I'm a cool guy (Please believe me!!!).

09-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Alot of people I know are into coke. I think coke is way more popular than smack these days, but that's just from the people around me.

09-07-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When do you think cocaine will stop being the drug of choice?

[/ QUOTE ]
When strippers and whores in general stop dropping their panties for it.

manpower
09-07-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alot of people I know are into coke. I think coke is way more popular than smack these days, but that's just from the people around me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.

threeonefour
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the last college party I have been to where there hasn't been coke around.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i must be going to the wrong (or right rather) parties. i have yet to meet/see a college student who uses cocaine. and i am a senior. i am sure a fair amount do and are pretty private about it. but every party? i didn't know i was that far out of the loop... must be doing it behind my back

Al P
09-07-2005, 05:31 PM
You have to be "in" to get invited into the bathroom to do some lines.

_2000Flushes
09-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Red Balls was the nail in the coffin for heroin.

-2kF

thatpfunk
09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
I imagine the school you attend has something to do with it.

Maybe I am just bad at not knocking on the bathroom door?

GrannyMae
09-07-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When do you think cocaine will stop being the drug of choice? Heroin and cocaine tend to ebb and flow against each other in terms of popularity, and usually in cycles of about a decade. Well, cocaine has been "cool" for about 10 years... When are rock stars going to start ODing again?

[/ QUOTE ]

cocaine the drug of choice?!?!?

do you folks know that 80% of the arrests now are for meth? a pack of coricidin and a cookie pan gets you in business.

not only that, but rumor has it that 64 tabling on meth is a breeze. gotta smoke it tho...

HONEY!!! bring me my tin-foil please..

wooo

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/m/weedsmilie.gif

Slow Play Ray
09-07-2005, 06:21 PM
that just means meth users get caught more.

mason55
09-07-2005, 07:38 PM
The switch is already happening. Many people I know in NYC in the indie rock scene are getting into heroin. It just takes awhile for it to get big. Coke didn't really start getting super big again until about 3 years ago, and once that happened people started switching back to smack.

The thing is, smack will never be a party drug like coke is. Number one, it has a much different reputation (junkie in the street shooting up). Number two, you can't get all horsed up and go party for the night. Unless you're friends with artists/musicians you'll probably never be around a bunch of people doing smack, whereas it's not difficult to notice when 4 people go into the bathroom to do lines of sweet, glamorous cocaine.

lem45216
09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
A lot of the UK indie rock bands are into their crack at the moment. E.g. Pete Doherty. Not sure if he's known in the US, but he's this junky frontman for a band called Babyshambles who are shocking, he's going out with Kate Moss. But anyway all the kids seem to love him these days and his crack problem.

mason55
09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah many of the more hardcore coke kids I know who didn't switch to smack have switched to crack.

Such is life.

Voltron87
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah many of the more hardcore coke kids I know who didn't switch to smack have switched to crack.

Such is life.

[/ QUOTE ]

who in their right minds looks at crack and thinks "wow, that looks awesome"

i mean, i can kind of understand cocaines appeal, but everything about crack is disgusting.

lem45216
09-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah,it doesn't really look much like a barrel of laughs to me either. At least cocaine has the whole scarface thing going for it.

09-07-2005, 08:48 PM
web page (http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/popculture/southpark/collectibles/stickerd.jpg)

jason_t
09-07-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

cocaine the drug of choice?!?!?

do you folks know that 80% of the arrests now are for meth? a pack of coricidin and a cookie pan gets you in business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the OP may be referring to a specific demographic (college students) among which cocaine is the most popular serious drug.

smokingrobot
09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
coke certainly has seen a huge increase in popularity in the past like 6 years as it's recreational use has spread beyond the usual white collar sort of "rich man's drug".

i couldnt tell you how many times i've walked into a bathroom at a bar and seen people doing lines off the [censored] ing sink.

Victor
09-07-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Such is life.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean, i can kind of understand cocaines appeal, but everything about crack is disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever done crack?

sam h
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heroin and cocaine tend to ebb and flow against each other in terms of popularity, and usually in cycles of about a decade.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true to a limited degree, and that's why the premise here is flawed. There is a population of people who will do either, depending upon what is faddish. But there is a much larger population of people who are perfectly willing to do coke but aren't going to touch heroin. The reason is simple. Those people are smart enough to realize that coke is pretty harmless unless you're hellbent on doing some damage to yourself anyway, whereas heroin is a whole different ballgame.

Voltron87
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Such is life.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

i havent done coke either

Poiuytr
09-07-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't smoke crack. It's a ghetto drug

09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't smoke crack. It's a ghetto drug

[/ QUOTE ]

CRACK IS WACK

HopeydaFish
09-07-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

no

i havent done coke either

[/ QUOTE ]

All the cool kids are doing it, apparently.

Vish
09-08-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow i must be going to the wrong (or right rather) parties. i have yet to meet/see a college student who uses cocaine. and i am a senior. i am sure a fair amount do and are pretty private about it. but every party? i didn't know i was that far out of the loop... must be doing it behind my back

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know anyone at my school who did it either for three years, then one day about 20 people got kicked out for doing coke. And this was a small school, about 450 people.

ghostface
09-08-2005, 06:44 AM
I"M SO SPUN RIGHT NOW!!!