PDA

View Full Version : party 25PL is rubbish...

Mr_J
09-07-2005, 02:43 AM
Most table VPIPs are 30 or less. Full of multitabling tightarses. Could be because of the turbo bonus, I hope so because table selection is a pain in the ass. Have to keep 8 tables on just so I can switch. Even that's not enough, right now there's only 3 tables with 40%+ vpip.

Ribbo
09-07-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most table VPIPs are 30 or less. Full of multitabling tightarses. Could be because of the turbo bonus, I hope so because table selection is a pain in the ass. Have to keep 8 tables on just so I can switch. Even that's not enough, right now there's only 3 tables with 40%+ vpip.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't beat Party PLO8 25 tables then you're a terrible player. Those are the loosest games on the net, go back to holdem if you can't beat them.

Mendacious
09-07-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't think Ribbo has played those tables recently. Mr J is correct. Quite often you will get better tables at $50--$200. It is not uncommon to find nothing but Whores at the $25 tables playing fairly tightly. I often have a $25 table, a $50 and a $100 or $200 table going at once, and I'll look at the table stats, and I am winning on the $50-$200 tables and those tables have MORE callers on the flop, AND more players losing showdowns.

I was actually going to start a thread on this. Although I still play the $25 tables-- to kill bonus /images/graemlins/frown.gif -- My results are better now on $50-$200. It's to the point where the last time I doubled up on a hand at the $25 tables was about 10 days ago. Now some of it is because of suckouts, but some of it that those tables are NOT the action tables they once were.

I think you might find you get better action at the $100 tables. HOWEVER, that being said, if you can't beat the $25 tables, that is a problem.

Mr_J
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Not saying they are hard, just that they looked reasonably tight to me. Alot of the tights were TOO tight though, and quite a few had pretty poor W$SD figures.

"Quite often you will get better tables at $50--$200"

What's the skill increase like for those stakes?

09-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Ive been playing the 25pl to continue to learn the game (solid in LO8, trying to move to pl), is there a place youd suggest that still has 40ish (or higher) vp$ip for that kind of level?

(i havent tried stars)

Jorge10
09-07-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quite often you will get better tables at $50--$200. It is not uncommon to find nothing but Whores at the $25 tables playing fairly tightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with his, a friend of mine who mostly plays holdem wanted to try PLO8 just for fun, so he tried the 25 tables and he said it was really tight and hard to win at, he said he thought it would be at least as loose as the 25 NL holdem tables, but turns out it was really tight. I hate to say it, but the bonus whores are killing the game here, my friend kind of hated high low cause of the tightness. All I can say is, if the 25 PLO8 tables are too tight you know something is wrong.

Mendacious
09-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Well Stars is the only other site that works with PAHUD. I think the 25 tables are often looser there, but they are 9 handed-- and you can't clear bonus at that level (if that matters to you).

Ultimatebet typically has a few $25 games going that are looser.

I think Paradise often has $50 games that are looser, and I know Prima typically has a few $40 tables going that are .20/.40 and are looser.

Finally, Party PLO8 loosens up considerably at night.

Kuso
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
i really think that the tightness was mainly due to the Party and Empire bonuses. i personally try not to play during the first 2-3 days of the bonus at 25plo8.

i wonder if the multipoker bonus madness is slowing things down, too.

gergery
09-08-2005, 02:30 PM
[[[ Although I still play the $25 tables-- to kill bonus ]]]

If you are a solid winner at $200 then it is almost certainly costing you money to play at $25 or $50 level even with the bonus.

-g

Mendacious
09-08-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm MUCH more solid at $100 than $200, and I don't presently keep enough bankroll to multi-table $200. For now I am better off mixing it up until I decide to keep $4000 committed to bankroll Poker.

MyTurn2Raise
09-08-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Finally, Party PLO8 loosens up considerably at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true of the limit games as well

Notorious G.O.B.
09-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I have no idea why anyone would play this game to clear a bonus. It combines the slowness of no limit hold'em with the slowness of limit omaha/8. That's like breeding a turtle with a snail.

Mendacious
09-08-2005, 05:55 PM
You are right about slowness, but the flipside is you can play an astronomically low variance version of PL08, AND for sites where they have raked pot requirements, PL08 almost always generates a raked pot, every hand.