PDA

View Full Version : 88

Mikey
04-24-2003, 02:03 AM
Ok, i'm heads up with my opponnent and our stacks are pretty even, I have about $280 and he has about $240. He raises to $50 from the button and I am the BB with $20. The blinds are $10 for the dealer and $20 for the other player.

I have 88. Should I push my stack all in, even if he will call with KQ and ATs AJ. I think I have good control over my opponnent and play much better than him after the flop.

Should I push all in or just call, and play from the flop on, since our stacks are pretty even and I'm a better flop player.

What is your advice to me?

Mark Heide
04-24-2003, 02:59 AM
Mikey,

I think there are many ways you can play this and it really depends on your opponent.

If he raises more than he should on the button, then you could probably raise all-in.

If he is a reasonable player you may just want to call, and bet the flop if you think that the flop does not help him. For example, if he raises with only A-rag. Then bet the pot on the flop if no ace shows. If he is a tighter player, then bet if no A, K, Q, or J shows. It's kind of a judgement about your opponent as to if you can bet the flop. You should be able to get away with it 60 to 70% of the time.

Good Luck

Mark

ohkanada
04-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Your opponent is in steal position and if he is a "stealer" then re-raising all-in is a decent choice. Of course with 88 many of his stealing hands maybe overcards plus he could wakeup with a real hand.

If he rarely steals then I would likely call and play the flop.

Ken Poklitar