PDA

View Full Version : AKo

j.k.
04-24-2003, 12:10 AM
3/6 online, little looser than normal (which is tightish and aggressive)
I'm dealt AcKh in SB. UTG raises, MP call, his left makes it three. I cold call 2 2/3 and its called back around.
Flop is Jc 3c 4h. UTG bets, 3-bettor calls, I call.
Turn is 7c. UTG bets, 3-bettor folds, I call.
River is my fourth club. I bet, get raised, I reraise, he calls.
So did I simply chase a weak hand and got lucky or was there the odds/outs to go?
My gut put UTG on QQ...but that might be because I have more outs than against AJ. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
Thanks in advance.

elysium
04-24-2003, 03:34 AM
hi jk
you can check-raise the turn if the UTG is definately betting; any doubt though and you must bet it yourself. you may be against the same hand with a monster redraw. you also may have the best hand. this makes you the leader here, and you must strongly consider getting a raise in.

Clarkmeister
04-24-2003, 04:01 AM
You played it fine, though with this blind structure I prefer either capping or folding to cold calling. With your position you really aren't giving up much by mucking preflop here. 4 betting makes it real tough for them to play back at you without a hand that beats you, assuming the flop misses you.

Postflop you played it fine. There was never a spot where you could fold.

Homer
04-24-2003, 09:07 AM
I think you played it fine. The only thing I might have done differently is either capping or folding (yes, folding...no, I'm not smoking crack) preflop.

-- Homer