PDA

View Full Version : More Whining From Nick Price (Steroids In Golf)

Bill Murphy
04-23-2003, 10:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1543287

Shee-iitt. Nicky knows about as much about roids as Sklansky does about human social relations in the business world.

On top of how juice would completly fry one's short game & focus, they'd also place one at extremely high risk for ligament & tendon injuries, esp. in the lumbar/rib/ab areas. This is due mainly to the high speeds & large range-of-motion of swings.

Juicers get hurt all the time in football, baseball, wtlifting, & body-building. Did fballers tear tricep/bicep tendons like now in the 60's? Baseballers tear up their sides twenty years ago like they do today? What about the epidemic of lumbar injuries everywhere(caused mainly by poor lifting form & programs, aggravated by juice)?

If juice had benefits for golfers & tennis players to mitigate the risks like BBall extra homers, boys'd been all over it ten years ago. Maybe some golfers get a lil' boost ay Dianabol every six months in a Mexican pharmacy, but that's about the extent of it. Plus, golfers make serious jack fae endorsors & outings; too much to risk. Ain't gonna happen.

Juicer "A" in the PGA would stick out like a sore thumb & get laughed off the course/Tour. Tiger is the prime example of adding 20-30lbs of muscle naturally; Duval of slimming down then building up. Put them next to a couple of puffy-cheeked juicers and the difference is immed'ly apparent, although its hard to describe.

"Herbal steroid". Hey, Nick, 'ware ay them jumbo shrimp! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

AmericanAirlines
04-24-2003, 02:20 PM
I will say this though. I always hit better when I was in a period of working out (juice-free) than when I wasn't.

Also, I do find that ECA (Ephedrine, Caffiene, Aspirin Stack.. which is over the counter) definitely adds to eye hand coordination and strength for whatever reasons.

When I used to play pool, taking an Ephedrine tablet always made my play sharper. And in the gym, I saw improvements of as much as 50% on some lifts... the first dose.

Of course I was 10 years younger then. And the downside was that it seemed your anger levels went through the ceiling sometimes.

But, Ephedrine is the only legal, over the counter substance that I ever found, after years of keeping records of every set and rep, that ever worked for real in a visible manner.

Of course, now that Primatene Tablets has Guaifasen in it along with the Ephedrine, rather than Theofilen, well, you best cheap source of pharmacuetical grade Ephedrine went to crap. Guess we can thank the stupid kiddies that would take 10 at a time and get strokes and heart attacks for that.

It used to be easy and cheap to take 1 primatene, 1 aspirin, and 1 vivarin just before you heavy workouts... and the results were quite measurable, both in strength increase, muscle growth and definition.

I agree about injuries and steriods. Deca, Anavar, all the synthetic ones tend to make the muscles grow faster than the tendons... leading to tears. And of course, since the roids compete with cortisone for receptor sites, over use can leave you with ruined joints.

Aside from that, you have to consider the anabolic/androgenic ratios of various anabolics etc. You end up being a walking test tube.

The one that always made me laugh is how some anabolics break down into estrogens... so you have to take an estrogen blocker.... and oh yeah, don't forget to take GH too.... then you too can have a smile like Swarzenegger and "Andre the Giant"... nice irreversible bone growth effects.

Then there's that cute side effect of testicular shrinkage.

:-)

Sincerely,
AA