PDA

View Full Version : just got back from

Mercsgrl
09-06-2005, 11:52 PM
the city where we went to deliver donations that were collected for the Katrina victims. I have to tell you that NEW YORKERS are AMAZING people. When we got to the city we were shocked at what we found... the generosity of people just amazed me. After dropping off the items we had we decided to stay and help out. I spoke to Hector Hoya (he organized the drive) briefly and asked if he needed us to stay and he said he needs all the people he could get...so we volunteered for a few hours. Car after car lined up for us to unload. It was an amazing feeling...I've wanted to do something to help out since everything happened but couldn’t figure out how....well this was the perfect way to do it. I met so many people that kept asking if they could bring more....the streets were filled with everything from toilet paper to winter coats and EVERYTHING in between....anything that you could imagine was donated. Then there were the other volunteers....regular people in the hundreds there sorting through everything, boxing it up and loading trucks....security guards that donated their time to help control the traffic and help unload cars. It was amazing...people thanking me and giving me hugs they were as grateful that we were doing this as we were for their donations. I can't describe the feeling. Anyway my point in this ost is to say I LOVE NY! and to let you all know to find something like this going on where you live and go give a few hours of your time. It really makes a difference and I can't tell you how much better I feel that I was able to do something to help the people of N.O.

/images/graemlins/heart.gifStef /images/graemlins/heart.gif

lucas9000
09-06-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NEW YORKERS are AMAZING people.

[/ QUOTE ]

MercTec
09-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Bump for the morning crowd

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif NY /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheMainEvent
09-07-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif NY

[/ QUOTE ]

mslif
09-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Great job and thanks for the update post.