PDA

View Full Version : Accounting Homework 1st week of college

BeatOnRiver
09-06-2005, 10:51 PM
hi all its my 1st week of college and im new to this whole college thing so when i bought my books online i didnt know how long they would take to come. they havent come yet and i have an assignment due tomorrow in accounting. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could download chapter 1 of the book Financial & Managerial Accounting: The basis For Business Directions, by Williams, et Al. (Thirteenth Edition) Thank You all.

Voltron87
09-06-2005, 10:52 PM
does your school have a library?

Patrick del Poker Grande
I'm pretty sure you can't. How long did you think it would take for your books to get there?

Solution: make a friend(!) and borrow a book.

BeatOnRiver
yea but my class is at 8 and the library opens at 9

BeatOnRiver
09-06-2005, 10:53 PM
i have a few friends in this class and none of us have the book yet lol

mason55
09-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Note for future:

Continue to order your books online because it's much cheaper. Instead of having classes right when the term starts, wait until the last day to add/drop and then pick up all your classes. You get to miss a week of classes and they let you make up the homework.

BeatOnRiver
09-06-2005, 10:54 PM
good idea, thanks

Voltron87
09-06-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note for future:

Continue to order your books online because it's much cheaper. Instead of having classes right when the term starts, wait until the last day to add/drop and then pick up all your classes. You get to miss a week of classes and they let you make up the homework.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great way of getting into all the classes you want. and its also a great way of starting your semester already behind on work.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-06-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note for future:

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great way of getting into all the classes you want. and its also a great way of starting your semester already behind on work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, you end up on the professor's good side right from the start. It sets you apart from the rest of the class.

mason55
09-06-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on where you go to school. I went to a decently sized school (15k undergrad) and never had a problem. If a class was full, which happened a couple times, I just talked to the professor and made up some BS.

As for being behind, it's the first week, it's always easy [censored].

peachy
09-06-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note for future:

[/ QUOTE ]

for fresh and soph and even sometimes jnrs at the bigger schools this isnt an option...classes fill up and u lose ur spot almost the 2nd u unregister

and i dunno what kinda classes u took...but in some of these u miss the 1st week and ur screwed for awhile

Voltron87
09-06-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on where you go to school. I went to a decently sized school (15k undergrad) and never had a problem. If a class was full, which happened a couple times, I just talked to the professor and made up some BS.

As for being behind, it's the first week, it's always easy [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

usually youre right. some courses obviously never sell out, and the first week is usually read the 6 page introduction.

MelchyBeau
09-06-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

for fresh and soph and even sometimes jnrs at the bigger schools this isnt an option...classes fill up and u lose ur spot almost the 2nd u unregister

and i dunno what kinda classes u took...but in some of these u miss the 1st week and ur screwed for awhile

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't get into the english classes that you needed.

Melch

Voltron87
09-06-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't get into the english classes that you needed.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

count it!

DasLeben
09-06-2005, 11:07 PM
You might try http://www.safarix.com/. I'm not sure if they have what you're looking for, but it never hurts to check.

As for the actual assignment, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Explain your situation to your professor, but don't sound like you're trying to pass the buck. Tell him that you made a mistake by not ordering your books earlier and that you'd like to make it up.

If he doesn't let you do this, then oh well. Weekly assignments aren't worth a significant portion of your grade anyways, so missing one won't kill you.

Wetdog
09-06-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi all its my 1st week of college and im new to this whole college thing so when i bought my books online i didnt know how long they would take to come. they havent come yet and i have an assignment due tomorrow in accounting. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could download chapter 1 of the book Financial & Managerial Accounting: The basis For Business Directions, by Williams, et Al. (Thirteenth Edition) Thank You all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting along in college 101

1. (preflop)Locate the ugliest chick in class who seems to have no friends. This is important. If she has girlfriends, some of them have to be better looking than her. You don't want to compare later, because you will need relief which you will no longer get. It's like J2o. Read down for clarification.

2. Talk to her about class. If she seems to know what was going on, you're in.

3. Lavish attention on her. Study with her. Bone her blue so she helps you with class and especially homework.

4. Next class, repeat 1 thru 3.

5. Repeat 4.

6. Repeat 5 just so it doesn't become boring.

7. Friday, declare freedom from each other day. She needs her space you know (after all, it's not all about you heh)

8. Find women who don't know about the other girls. You can tell because they don't walk away uneasy as you approach.

After one week (the flop) one will drop out of the rotation. You need to raise the stakes with the other 3 to see who will carry that extra load of homework/boning. If you get 2 folders, you need to sweeten the pot with the incentive a a double boning/bet.

On the second week, you should have a made hand of two handmaidens. Hopefully you gleaned enough from their coital ramblings of "eram eratis erant ero eritis erint' to do declentions of the word "be" in Latin. This helps little in Accounting, where Debit is Assets (cash, receivables, product, plant & equipment), and Credit is Liabilities (payables) and Capital (owner's equity), unless you are talking about a credit to assets being a check against your bank account (cash) and a debit to Capital.

Turn an Accounting major with long hair and legs, big glasses and small tits. She will be an uninteresting sex partner but will get you thru accounting.

Offer to be the Marketing prof's sex toy, whatever the sex. They always go along with any deal.

There. You have college made. You rivered a full house.

No you can't sleep with me.

09-07-2005, 02:54 AM
If you yourself arent terriblely looking or antisocial, you could conceivably start with a girl thats more like q6o rather than j2o. Conceivably you can get some action with her if you hit something, but dont expect too much since the other players might already be dominating you for what little chips are in her range.