PDA

View Full Version : Raising any two cards that you've posted?

DavidC
09-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey guys

I read somewhere (in last week's archives, or in the lines post), but not by Shill, that if you post in the CO, you should raise it if it's folded to you, as:

"any two cards are worth a raise"

However, if you have 32o, and the two guys in the blinds and the button all have VPIPs of 100, you should still just check, right?

istewart
09-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Yes I would likely check then.

thesharpie
09-06-2005, 11:01 PM
If that's the case just raise your hands that have an edge against 3 random hands.

milesdyson
09-06-2005, 11:01 PM
yes, check.

Aaron W.
09-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Read this (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=2001645&Forum =f21&Words=post&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2001645 &Search=true&where=sub&Name=32&daterange=1&newerva l=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Pos t2001645). If you understand it, you'll know what you should do.

Wetdog
09-07-2005, 01:53 AM
Make sure, guys that:
1. You are in CO (if not why are you posting?)
2. The game is usually tight and weak (like Paradise and Full Tilt 1/2)

It only works once, when you first enter a table. After that blind steal "rules" apply.

Is Party 1/2 similar? I heard it's a rock garden. What other sites at 1/2 or similar limits are like this?

Jaran
09-07-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys

I read somewhere (in last week's archives, or in the lines post), but not by Shill, that if you post in the CO, you should raise it if it's folded to you, as:

However, if you have 32o, and the two guys in the blinds and the button all have VPIPs of 100, you should still just check, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit: If you posted, you most likely just sat down...how do you know the players after you are all 100% /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. (If you do know, then a check is fine by me)

-Jaran

milesdyson
09-07-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nit: If you posted, you most likely just sat down...how do you know the players after you are all 100% /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. (If you do know, then a check is fine by me)

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]
i have a 9 billion hand database thx very much.

Jaran
09-07-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]
i have a 9 billion hand database thx very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're my hero.

-Jaran

DavidC
09-07-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys

[/ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaran, man... I'd expected someone with your poker/yogi skills would have been able to read my mind.

Of course, the only logical response is that I'd already datamined the table before sitting.

... I don't know, maybe you DID know and you were just testing my faith. I'm sorry I didn't believe in you, man. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Thanks, Aaron, for the link!)

I'm not being a total nit here, just pointing out that this rests on some sort of underlying folding equity to make this play work. FWIW, it took me like 3 days before I figured it out, after I'd read the post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: See, even Miles knows, and he's had like 30 BT's already this morning.