PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculously passive KK, Flame me now.

gh9801
09-06-2005, 09:47 PM
UTG+1 16/7/1.0
UTG+2 32/4/1.1
CO 38/5/0.6
Button 23/0/1.5

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (21.00 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (13.00 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero folds...

Anyways, flame away.

newhizzle
09-06-2005, 09:52 PM
uhhh..... what?

i bet or check/raise or something on the flop
i guess you could wait till turn, but i dont see your reasoning behind a fold here

Nutz&Boltz
09-06-2005, 09:53 PM
The first step is to admit you have a problem. What was your read? Did you have a reason?

gh9801
09-06-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first step is to admit you have a problem. What was your read? Did you have a reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know people are not going to like this, that's why I posted it.

Preflop: I didn't cap because I wanted to see if UTG+2 would cap.

Flop: I don't see a point to c/ring. I'm way ahead or way behind (most likely way behind)

Turn: When UTG+2 leads out again into a huge field, it's obvious he's in love with AA. And I have to beat other people too.

So what do you guys think?

gh9801
09-06-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uhhh..... what?

i bet or check/raise or something on the flop
i guess you could wait till turn, but i dont see your reasoning behind a fold here

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a pretty passive donk leading into everyone, a cold caller of three bets who likes his hand enough on the turn, and a passive fish who threebet preflop and seems scared but will go to showdown it seems. It looks like a bunch of overpairs, most likely with an AA in there, and a draw.

newhizzle
09-06-2005, 10:02 PM
either way, you cant fold here, QQ is a possibility, plus i think other overpairs might put a raise in somewhere, you cannot be 100% sure that AA is out, and i like raising somewhere i do not like all that competition

gh9801
09-06-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
either way, you cant fold here, QQ is a possibility, plus i think other overpairs might put a raise in somewhere, you cannot be 100% sure that AA is out, and i like raising somewhere i do not like all that competition

[/ QUOTE ]

My raise is not kicking anyone out. I don't see a point to raising when the pot is so huge and I have no FE

newhizzle
09-06-2005, 10:08 PM
i dont think everyone has overpairs, there could easily be an AJ or something out there that you would not mind putting 2 bets too

gh9801
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think everyone has overpairs, there could easily be an AJ or something out there that you would not mind putting 2 bets too

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on their preflop play, they all have strong hands. Based on UTG+2's two leads and his preflop cap, he most likely has AA or KK.

newhizzle
09-06-2005, 10:14 PM
if you are 100% sure that the only hands that he will cap with are AA and KK, then i guess its fine, you have odds to draw to a king on the flop, and its much more likely that he has 6 combos of AA than 1 combo of KK, but that is a very specific read, i dont think there are many players who dont cap with QQ, especially in a pot this big

Nick C
09-06-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Based on their preflop play, they all have strong hands. Based on UTG+2's two leads and his preflop cap, he most likely has AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were at the table and I wasn't, but I suspect you're giving UTG+2 too narrow of a range.

Sure, it's entirely possible he has AA. But, if he has QQ instead, why wouldn't he keep firing? No one's put up any postflop resistance yet.

gh9801
09-06-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were at the table and I wasn't, but I suspect you're giving UTG+2 too narrow of a range.

Sure, it's entirely possible he has AA. But, if he has QQ instead, why wouldn't he keep firing? No one's put up any postflop resistance yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. Maybe I should just see the river?

newhizzle
09-06-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and the showdown

gh9801
09-06-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and the showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to say, the river went 3 bets... I would have just seen the river.

TheHammer24
09-07-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know people are not going to like this, that's why I posted it.

Preflop: I didn't cap because I wanted to see if UTG+2 would cap.

Flop: I don't see a point to c/ring. I'm way ahead or way behind (most likely way behind)

Turn: When UTG+2 leads out again into a huge field, it's obvious he's in love with AA. And I have to beat other people too.

So what do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mubs, big time. You have a great hand!