PDA

View Full Version : Alan Schoonmaker is AWESOME

Str8Fish
09-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I got enough frequent player points on PS to get myself a book, so I decided to get "The Psychology of Poker" by Alan Schoonmaker. Before sending it to me, Schoonmaker wrote "Matt, good luck in PS, (signed) Alan Schoonmaker". It's such a small thing signing my book, but it means a lot to me. Out of the billion books he sells, it's nice that he took the time to do that for me. So if you're reading Schoonmaker, thanks!

I also highly recommend this book to anyone for its extremely helpful content into how to play the four extremes of people in poker.

MicroBob
09-07-2005, 03:44 AM
1 - There is a 'books/publishing' forum where this post would be more appropriate

2 - I am enjoying POP too (just bought it recently)

3 - Many of the books that you get from Stars are autographed.
Both of my copies of WLLHE (2nd and 3rd editions) were signed by Lee Jones (something like 'Dear Robert, Best Wishes, Lee Jones...or something like that).
Also decided to get a copy of Moneymaker's book which was also autographed.

I agree it's a nice touch to have the authors do this when possible.
If the autographs are pretty cool to you then ordering via Stars might be the way to go (although most are willing to sign your copy if you happen upon them in Vegas....they had some autograph sessions at the WSOP trade-show...including one for Doyle's super-system 2 where the line was quite long)

ThaHero
09-07-2005, 05:01 AM
I saw Schoonmaker at the Luxor a couple weeks ago. Wanted to say somethin about 2+2 but I wussed out.