PDA

View Full Version : Going all in with A2

lwinfieldm
04-23-2003, 06:49 PM
I just read T.J Cloutier's article about never raising with A2.I do agree with him if you have a large or mudiumn stack,but when I have a small stack 2-6 times the blinds I have been going all in with that hand when everyone has folded to me and I'm on the button or the small blind.I would appreciate it if some of you would give me your opinion on it.

Stew
04-23-2003, 07:03 PM
I think it would depend on your table image and the texture of the game. Also, how small is your stack compared to the blinds, how close are you to being in the money? Are there other players that may bust out before you. It all depends. I think more often than not your best play is to fold this hand. But, if you are short-stacked and UTG with two smaller stacks in the blinds. You have two options. First, fold (certainly the safer player). Second, raise all-in hoping they won't defend since they are shorter-staked than you. I would think if you had a full table, then in one orbit you would catch better holdings, but I don't know. If you were large stacked, I'd raise with it, but short-stacked, I don't know. It just depends on a variety of factors.

ohkanada
04-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Never say never. I do agree that often when you raise with A2 that some dolt calls with A5 and has you out-kicked. Plus if you get called by KQ and they hit you now only have 3 outs to re-suck.

Ken Poklitar