PDA

View Full Version : Hows this look...

xGoreDudex
09-06-2005, 07:38 PM
One of my leaks is pushing too hard,
I'm up against a a pre-flop capper here as well as mean flush board, even though this flop is scary...how's my line

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

No reads, this is my BB in my first table.
Not a bad starter, should I three bet this river or will I be shown a slow-played flush here more times than not..

Fryguy
09-06-2005, 07:48 PM
You can't 3-bet this. Expect to get shown AA or KK a lot here. Not too many people cap preflop with less.

The 2 is a dead card sure, but you've got just top pair here. Lots of things beat you.

I'd actually tend to check this river, as not much is going to call you except for other Ks (which you at best split with), the flush, and maybe some junk here and there. But I don't think this river is for value.

Leading out the flop is fine. Leading the turn is probably fine. I think leading the river is spewing a bit here.

hemstock
09-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Standard

benkath1
09-06-2005, 07:50 PM
On Tuesday, I'd just call like you did, but on Monday or Wednesday I'd 3-bet, since I can only win on every other day. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

gharp
09-06-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd actually tend to check this river, as not much is going to call you except for other Ks (which you at best split with), the flush, and maybe some junk here and there.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't right -- you outkick lots of other K's (that will call) and if the pf capper had QQ/JJ he might call praying that you had AQ or worse.

However, given his raise, I think you're probably beat. I'd still call the river, but don't 3-bet.

The flop decision is interesting -- I probably bet out too, but I'm not convinced that it's right...

irishpint
09-06-2005, 08:11 PM
i cant 3 bet that river because you're not ahead enough. you'll be shown AK for a split, a flush (AK or KQ) and AA/KK that you lose to too often.