PDA

View Full Version : Live hand 67s in the SB

jhall23
09-06-2005, 07:29 PM
First invite to a home game. Mostly a fun little thing with lots of people who have no clue. We all buy in for 10 and are playing .10/.25 blinds. This was one of the only hands of the night that I thought was a a little interesting. It's later in the night most are good and tipsy and we are 7 handed.

----------------------------------------------

Reads etc:

BB and UTG are friends of mine and thinking players. BB lacks a few fundamentals but is decent at making reads. He does open up more on the button, but doesn't seem to realize not to raise/re-raise certain hands OOP and doesn't know to really jack it up if he does. He probably has a pair, Decent Ace or connecting broadway here.

UTG is semi-lag and has a decent range to open UTG in a 7 handed game. UTG was playing at a different table and has now moved along with MP2. He may not yet realize that MP1 is on some sort of crazy calling tilt (see below).

MP1 is playing bad but having fun. After losing a few buyins he is reaching back and randomly buying in for 5-10 bucks. Seeing every flop and going to the felt with mid pair to make up for the times he lost.

MP2 is not playing so great either from what I have seen in the <10 hands we have played since they joined this table.

-----------------------------------------
Hand:

UTG opens for .75, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, the only 2 weak tights there fold. I call in the SB. BB now raises to 2 and it's called around and I call again.

STACK SIZES: After the PF action Me, BB and UTG are all around $40. MP1 has about 3 left and MP2 has about 5 left.

Flop ($10) comes 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J (my 67 is in diamonds)

What's your move?

I check the pot quick and bet 1/2 pot of 5 which is enough to put both short stacks in.

P.S, if I get some Fold PF's back it up!

Edited: Added STACK SIZES where I point out stack sizes cause I don't think it was clear.

jkkkk
09-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Everyone has ~$10 stack yes?

Push

jhall23
09-06-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone has ~$10 stack yes?

Push

[/ QUOTE ]

No, check down further. Me, BB and UTG now have about 40 left on the flop. Two short stacks have about 3 and 5 left.

MINETZ
09-06-2005, 07:50 PM
push

jkkkk
09-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Bet $6 or $7, prey for a raise, then push. I don't like overbetting the flop here without extracting some $ from an overpair first.

jhall23
09-07-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet $6 or $7, prey for a raise, then push. I don't like overbetting the flop here without extracting some $ from an overpair first.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty much the idea, but I think $5 works better due to the stack sizes.

The other option was of course to check/raise all in which wouldn't have been that big of an overbet.