PDA

View Full Version : ($16) LAG ITM hand

durron597
09-06-2005, 07:10 PM
I had been playing extremely LAGgy up to this point, mostly because all of my opponents were letting me run over their blinds with a street paver.

Edit: I am not pushing here because I expect two folds, I am pushing because I expect to be called by a worse hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t3546)
BB (t1246)
Hero (t8708)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t8683</font>,

Jman28
09-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't like it that much on first glance. You should run the numbers though.

If the stacks of the SB and BB were switched, it becomes much better. As it is, the BB is too likely to call.

09-06-2005, 07:14 PM
I would push too...kind of like a dominating heads up position.

If I am the BB I am calling you will any 2 8's or better or any K, A, or pair. I am surprised you were still able to push them around so easily ITM.

The Yugoslavian
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I think this is a great time for a fold. Especially given that your opponents are primed to call.

The SB will finally get his chance to push and the BB is getting too short to not call. Let the SB go to war with the BB - it's +EV for you all the way.

You want a worse hand to call you? I'm sorry but there aren't really any hands that will be way behind yours here so I'm not sure what you're smokin'.

Yugoslav

Jman28
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I am not pushing here because I expect two folds, I am pushing because I expect to be called by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 50% against the BB's hand (any 2). You have pot odds, but the times that the SB wakes up with a big hand make this a bad push, in my opinion, unless you think the BB may fold many hands.

durron597
09-06-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The SB will finally get his chance to push and the BB is getting too short to not call. Let the SB go to war with the BB - it's +EV for you all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I don't want the SB to have BB's chips, I want me to have BB's chips. I still have a nice chiplead if I get called by the BB and lose, and the SB should really be very tight here.

What are you calling with here as the BB? And what hands ARE you pushing here?