PDA

View Full Version : V neck t-shirts, who's wearing these ?

stanky
09-06-2005, 06:23 PM
So I had to go back to the store to exchange a pack of white V neck t-shirts,that I accidently grabed, for a pack of crew necks. It got me thinking. Who the hell buys these things? I mean all the t-shirt companies sell them so someone's buying 'em. I can't imagine that exposing my chest beaver would be a good look. So I narrowed it down to old men and men who shave their chests.

So if you own a v-neck please answer these questions:

1)age
2)do you shave your chest(or are you naturally hairless)
3)describe the outfit

chuddo
09-06-2005, 06:25 PM
i myself don't wear them, but like you said someone must be buying them.

i think it is maybe people that like to layer t-shirts under dress shirts, but both do not like the look of a t-shirt on, and do not like wife-beaters. perhaps they sweat a lot.

STLantny
09-06-2005, 06:27 PM
My dad does. a lot of old timers do, with their gold chains hanging out.

stanky
09-06-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My dad does. a lot of old timers do, with their gold chains hanging out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I figured. I hope I die before I reach the age where I think a V-neck is a good look.

JDErickson
09-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I use then under button up shirts everyday (no tie)

mason55
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
i wear white ones under tshirts. I sweat a lot so I need something to absorb the sweat but hate the look of an undershirt showing above my tshirt collar.

stanky
09-06-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the shirt is fully buttoned up or do you leave one or two buttons unbuttoned? Because I never have fully buttoned a shirt unless it was a dress shirt with a tie. And you forgot to give your age.

Sooga
09-06-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]d

Same here... I wear button up shirts/no tie to work, and i keep the top button unbuttoned. If I wear a regular crew neck t-shirt, it shows undernear, and I don't like that. V-necks are perfect.

miajag81
09-06-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wear white ones under tshirts. I sweat a lot so I need something to absorb the sweat but hate the look of an undershirt showing above my tshirt collar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I thought I was the only person who did this.

Al P
09-06-2005, 07:22 PM
I used to wear them under button up shirts everyday (with tie).

chesspain
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So if you own a v-neck please answer these questions:

1)age...42
2)do you shave your chest...No
3)describe the outfit...Ah...under any dress shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

jdl22
09-06-2005, 07:43 PM
My wife is from Hawai'i. Because of this, I often wear aloha shirts, which for those somehow unfamiliar are button up collared shirts that usually have some sort of print. I don't like wearing anything that's not a t-shirt without a t-shirt underneath and I don't like to look like I'm in the military so I go with the v-neck. When I wear an aloha shirt or other button up shirts I button all but the top button so it's fairly high and there's little to no chest hair showing.

To answer your questions 3:
2. no, no
3. see above.

For some reason my connection is slow, perhaps I'll post a photo from my wedding last July.

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 08:17 AM
I generally wear crew neck, but I have three V-necks that I ended up with accidentally. I wear them under dress shirts because the white T-shirt neck looks retarded sticking out.

Slow Play Ray
09-07-2005, 09:14 AM
I bought some by mistake but didn't bothered to return them. I've worn them a couple of times; it just looks like I don't have a t-shirt on (which I also do often). I have no chest hair.

WDC
09-07-2005, 09:21 AM
I am 40 got a little hair and wear them under polo shirts.