PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while - 6max hand

scotty34
09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I basically took the summer off poker, and I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. Playing some 1/2 6m as well as the 3/6 6m game.

Here's a hand, villain in this case is pretty LAG, and has been known to overplay his marginal hands from time to time.

Party 1/2 6-max (4 handed)

I'm dealt A8o UTG, I raise it up, Button 3-bets, the Blinds fold, I call.
Flop comes 889 rainbow, I check-call.
Turn T putting two diamonds on the board, I check-raise and villain 3-bets, I cap.
River is a non-diamond K and I lead out...

thesharpie
09-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Welcome back.

Against this guy I like a bet/call on the flop, bet/3 bet on the turn.

scotty34
09-06-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome back.

Against this guy I like a bet/call on the flop, bet/3 bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it really becomes an entirely different hand if I lead out the flop. He isn't extremely overaggressive, so I wasn't exactly sure if he would raise a flop bet from me. Being as he is pretty loose, I have him on a fairly wide range of hands still considering its a 4-handed game.

irishpint
09-06-2005, 07:03 PM
id be too afraid that he'd just call our turn bet after we lead the flop, too. But if he's LAG enough I want to be betting since I want him to raise and I want to 3 bet.

thesharpie
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
The line I took is best if he's a decent aggressive player. If he's decent he's folding OCs to the turn checkraise, or on the river maybe if he had a gutshot to go along with them, so you only make 1.5-2.5BB. If you just lead all the way he's probably at least calling down with something like ace high gaining you 2.5BB, if he raises somewhere that's even better. He could also take a free card on the turn with something like KQ planning to fold to a river bet, or with AK planning on calling a river bet.

On the other hand if he has an overpair or pair he's probably raising you on the flop and turn and calling down once you 3 bet, this makes you ~5BB as opposed to 3.5BB if he just calls down on your turn checkraise.

However this guy probably isn't that good of a player, so he might call down your turn checkraise with OCs anyway, and also might go to town with an overpair against your turn checkraise. However I think he's also more likely to raise OCs somewhere.

I'm not 100% sure if my line is best against a bad semi aggressive, one that might bet and call down a raise but might not raise himself. Against a bad overaggressive player and a decent agressive player I think the line works best.