PDA

View Full Version : Question about swings and stats

09-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I have been playing for a 5 months off an on .25/.50. My starting deposit was $40( I know not enough) and over random play I got my account up to $200(only a $16 bonus at the begining). I have read some 2+2 books (SSH, HPAP, TOP, GSIH) I consider that I can hold my own. Just to give you an idea.

Over the past two weeks I have had a rough run, losing 145bb's. I know that I have some leaks ie. Playing AK, AQ, KQ to strongly in big pots that I miss, Going to far sometimes with AA, KK, QQ. Not to sound like a crybaby, but aces are doing thier job winning 50% of the time, but KK and QQ are 2 for 22 combined. The only hands besides AA, AKs, JJ, &TT showing profit are suited connectors and 66.

Is this kind of swing over 2000 hands normal? This may seem like an elementry question, but I am just getting started and would like some of the experts to offer some of their advice.

Also, what are some good stats to be around? I have 20,000 hands that are data based my Pre flop fold is 76% showdowns won 46%. I don't know what are the really important stats, but those are ones that stick out to me.

Finally, I am wondering if these swings have increased because I have started to push the gas when the pot gets big and have marginal hands. Ed's post on this got me thinking and few of these situation paid off. I know that 2000 hands is to small a smaple size to eval this, but would that cause my varience to be significantly larger.

Any help would be appreciated.