PDA

View Full Version : Hand with marginal showdown value vs. 100% draw

Roy Hobbs
04-23-2003, 12:41 PM
I played this hand in a ramjam 20-40 hand the other night. One crazy limper (really, any two cards), and I raise with AJo from the cutoff.

Flop is 2-3-4 rainbow. Check-bet-call.

Turn is a 9 of diamonds, creating a running flush draw.

Check-bet-raise.

Presuming for the moment that my read on this player is correct - that he has made a flush draw on the turn and may have a straight draw as well, what's my best play?

And what's my best play if I think he may have a wheel pair to go with his draw?

My thoughts -- I think the best action is either to fold or to call with the intention of raising if a blank hits. I think that reraising is a mistake, because he will certainly call, and may call the end with a small pair if he misses because of the size of the pot.

Thoughts?

RH

astroglide
04-23-2003, 03:19 PM
call and call the river. even crazies hit hands that can beat ace high plenty of the time. wait for top pair to pound him.

elysium
04-23-2003, 04:46 PM
hi roy
looks like you may be down to two outs and should fold. save fight for better battles.

FishyWhale
04-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Given the fact the he is a maniac who could check-raise you with little to nothing on turn, my obvious play of choice would be to check behind and call down on river.