PDA

View Full Version : Playing at a loose table

ZManODS
04-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Any advice for playing at a loose table with 5 or 6 people seeing the flop? How should my play differ from my normal tight-aggressive, if any? Im assuming suited/connectors are more playable?

Rockfish
04-23-2003, 12:46 PM
You do know that HPFAP21 has a whole section on playing in loose games, don't you?

The main message there for me is that it's important to be suited. Also, if it's loose passive, you can play more medium and smaller pairs up front as long as you don't expect a raise but many callers. Obviously you are trying to hit your trips and get paid off all the way to the river.

If the game is loose aggressive, you will also need a seatbelt and a bottle of Maalox.

Rockfish

Eric P
04-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Stay tight and do not slowplay anything. Unless you flop quad's i wouldn't give anyone a free card, especially if there aren't a lot of high cards out yet. AJ will often call trying to the turn or river if a flop like 5T8o comes. If someone raises you, be very weary also. Lose players tend to just raise with extremely good hands. Unless they are totally crazy.

CrackerZack
04-23-2003, 02:32 PM
make sure you differentiate between loose-passive and loose-aggressive. If 5-6 people are seeing every flop for 1 bet a piece any pairs are playable from any position and most suited connectors are playable, especially from late position (helps to have position to make free card raises and take free cards when offered, etc). If 5-6 are seeing capped flops every time, it becomes time to play supertight. If you can't enter with a raise, you're probably better off not entering the pot.

MaxPower
04-23-2003, 02:58 PM
In addition to the other suggestions, rarely semibluff or pure bluff. There may be a few heads-up situations where you can use a a semi or pure bluff, but they will be few and far between in this type of game.

One thing I like about these types of games is that you generally can tell by the action on the flop where you stand.