PDA

View Full Version : NEW YORKERS

Mercsgrl
09-06-2005, 03:50 PM
There isnt much time left for this one which is why I started a new thread.... A man named Hector (ummmI cant remember his last name now lol) was able to get 10 ryder trucks to take donations to NO. They are at 65th & Columbus (by Lincoln Center). He will be there until 10pm. If you have items you want to donate please bring them there b4 10pm. I dont have the details right now cuz Ive been busy since I got home from work packing up the donations we've already received to bring there. If you need more details check out NY1's website. They are taking anything....new and used...so for us NYers that have wanted to bring some stuff but wanted to make sure it goes where needed....this is the place to go.

/images/graemlins/heart.gifStef /images/graemlins/heart.gif

smokingrobot
09-06-2005, 04:18 PM
thinks its wise to search ebay for the items you donate afterwards? or is this cat legit?

MercTec
09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Here's a link to the article from NY1 regarding this effort. If you want to donate more than cash, I'd say this is the easiest way to go.

LINKY (http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=53312)

xorbie
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thinks its wise to search ebay for the items you donate afterwards? or is this cat legit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have the same concerns...

MercTec
09-06-2005, 04:52 PM
From the article: Trucks at Lincoln Center are loading up on items like water, food, medicine, and clothes. The trucks leave Wednesday for the Louisiana State University field house in Baton Rouge.

You really think they would sell these items on ebay?
I'd say this is 100% legit. I'm sure there will even be a followup story on this becasue many of the donators would like to see/hear how their donations were used.

IndieMatty
09-06-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the article: Trucks at Lincoln Center are loading up on items like water, food, medicine, and clothes. The trucks leave Wednesday for the Louisiana State University field house in Baton Rouge.

You really think they would sell these items on ebay?
I'd say this is 100% legit. I'm sure there will even be a followup story on this becasue many of the donators would like to see/hear how their donations were used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks MERC. This is good stuff. I'm also sure this is legit.

MercTec
09-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Bump in case thread was missed by any good hearted NYers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mercsgrl
09-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Frank told me I had to wait a certain amount of time before I could bump...I think he called it the "bump timetable" anyway he's unavailable for bumping consultation (does that sound bad? lol) so It's been over and hour and want to bump one last time for the night.(that sounds worse). /images/graemlins/blush.gif

/images/graemlins/heart.gifStef /images/graemlins/heart.gif