PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking your game can be dangerous! (Rant)

Roland32
09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I recently moved up to the 27 turbos at Stars and have been doing quite well. ( 25% Roi after 225 games) Being at this point means a possibility of moving to the 60 turbos. I believe this will be a pretty big jump as most of the terrible play that I benefit from will be lost. So I have been really trying to look for leaks lately and it seems it might actually be hurting my game. I posted earlier today the AA TPTK post which got blocked for being a veiled bad beat post. What I was really trying to work on is geting away from strong hands early properly. If you look at that post the majority viewed this as me being insane for thinking of folding. This is a good example of me hurting my game by trying to improve it. So my question is this, when implementing new ideas, how hard is it for you guys to adjust. Another good example would be the excellent AK post, which i thought I understood but recently played two AK hands terribly. This may just be a fret post and by know means do I mean it to be. I just would honestly like some feedback as to if I am the only expieriancing taking good info and hurting yourself with it.

durron597
09-06-2005, 03:57 PM
If you are doing well you are likely playing fine. Don't get into the FPS trap like I always do.

If you have a specific hand that doesn't seem like a blantant veiled bad beat post then post that. These general threads are pretty much impossible to answer without saying stuff like "Go read Harrington on Holdem" or "Theory of Poker".