PDA

View Full Version : why is no-limit and pot-limit hold'em so expensive?

crazy canuck
04-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Why is "Championship no-limit and pot-limit hold'em : on the road to the World Series of Poker" by T. J. Cloutier, Tom McEvoy so freaking expensive? It's 95 bucks at amazon and somebedy is even asking over $170? What's the reason?

whiskeytown
04-26-2003, 07:33 PM
that's probably 95 bucks canadian, CC -

that's only like 5.95 American. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

RB

TimTimSalabim
04-26-2003, 08:56 PM
I thought I saw it listed for 30 or 40 bucks at gamblersbookclub.com. You might want to check around.

jim grass
04-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Conjelco has it for $40..
I believe Mason rates it quite inadequate. I for one therefore passed on it and got Ciaffones instead...

FeliciaLee
04-27-2003, 12:45 AM
Yes, it is much cheaper at www.gamblersbookshop.com (http://www.gamblersbookshop.com) and www.gamblersgeneralstore.com (http://www.gamblersgeneralstore.com), also. I have always been amazed at how much Amazon and Half.com are listing it, when you can obviously get it elsewhere for half the price or less!

I, personally, think it is the best tournament hold'em book written to date. Not necessarily for all players, but for my personal style of playing tournaments, definitely. It has turned me into placing in the top 50% consistantly to placing in the top 5% consistantly. I am certainly no WCP, by any stretch, but I place in the money quite a bit these days, thank God!

TPAP was great, too, but NLPL just gave me that extra something that I needed to actually get in the money for once! Until I bought NLPL and wore out the cover, I had never, ever even placed!

sdplayerb
04-27-2003, 10:07 PM
I bought it at pokerbooks.com (the publisher of it) for $39.95. And the owner, Dana Smith is extremely nice and gets it out immediately.
I know most people dislike the book, I think it is very good. I own it and the Ciaffione book.

I'm also on my way out to buy Super System on a recommendation from a friend that is very good, hopefully he is steering me right.

crazy canuck
04-28-2003, 02:30 PM