PDA

View Full Version : Put him on a range?

durron597
09-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Alright, I really don't think this hand is all that interesting from a strategy perspective, plus the stakes are low making it even less interesting. But I really want to get others opinions on what Villian's hand could be. He is on the LAG side and his signature leak is overplaying top pair no kicker. I made certain I would be on his left when we sat down.

Live home game, 4 handed, my friends are cheap and make me play $.05/$.10, NL10. It's an excuse to hang out, whatever.

Stacks (approximate):
UTG ($6)
Button ($11)
SB (Villian) ($17)
Hero ($16)

UTG (Loose bad) makes it $.30 to go, and Button (Tightish and ok - relative term) calls. Villian makes it $.50 (probably goodish hand, I'm figuring top 20% hand). I look down at 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif so I call (raise to isolate? I figured small favorite big dog situation lets take a flop), UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (Pot: $2.00)

Woot. I thought I saw SB check but he didn't so I check out of turn. He's says "I haven't acted yet", I say "oh". He bets $.75, I think and call, UTG folds Button folds.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (Pot: $3.50)

He leads for $.75 again, I call.

River: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (Pot: $5.00)

He leads for $2.25, I think and make it $6.25 total, he glances at his stack and reaches for his stack of blacks (in this game a black = $1) makes it $10.25 total, I shrug and say "alright, I'm allin", for $3.40 more. He calls, and I turn over my nuts. He mucks, and refuses to tell us what he had.

So I ask you, 2+2, what do you think he had?

wtfsvi
09-06-2005, 02:47 PM
The part where he refuses to tell you what he had confuses me. Bad players seem to always complain when they get thir aces cracked. I still think it was aces though. What else could it be?

KJL
09-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I doubt he has 4's full cause, he probably woulda shown it. I play with players like this at my home game, and I would guess he has a pocket pair, not nessacarily but probabaly a high one. A similiar hand came up at my home game where i flopped quads and the vilian was bluffin with AK, so that might also be a possibility.

durron597
09-06-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A similiar hand came up at my home game where i flopped quads and the vilian was bluffin with AK, so that might also be a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he call the river with AK?

KJL
09-06-2005, 03:33 PM
No, thats why i think it is unlikely. But if he has AK, he might think it is best, if he is bad. And he would be to embarresed to show it. But he probably has a pocket pair.