PDA

View Full Version : Why I am Closing Out (Most of) My Internet Accounts

RydenStoompala
09-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Automated bot teams controlling tables. Nice.

This is what we all knew, but it's growing so quickly that you either get your own bots or just watch the EV decline:

Wired Magazine Article on Bots (http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.09/pokerbots.html)

I think it will be worse than the author thinks. Kind of takes the fun out of it, don't ya think?

Guthrie
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Ouch! Just got hit by another piece of the sky.

RydenStoompala
09-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Really? Is it just bullpoop? Because I want to believe it is, but in economic terms, wouldn't it be silly not to try?

Python49
09-06-2005, 01:43 PM
You really think this guy created a bot that can make millions and is selling it for $25 a piece? lol.

Oh and I play NL anyway, whats the bot gonna do when people shove all in and he doesnt have the nuts.

RydenStoompala
09-06-2005, 01:47 PM
No, I do not believe he's invented something that makes millions. I believe there is a good reason to automate play in LIMIT games because it's so easy to play. I like the advisories on the software site, like this one:

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (IGM) Advisory
DO NOT use WinHoldEm at any - IGM - skin site without using WINPP. The IGM software is scanning your system for WinHoldEm and they will suspend your account. The IGM software is taking screen shots of your entire display. The screen shot is stored in the temp folder where the files are installed. Party Poker will steal your winnings and deposits if they believe you are a WinHoldEm user even if you have not violated their license agreement. We apologize for this inconvenience. A two computer anti-detection solution is available in conjunction with WINPP.

[/ QUOTE ]

It costs $200 for the real software and the important part of it is the "teaming" aspect, not just the bot.

I'm with you. I only play no limit and I cannot see a bot doing very well at NL.

09-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3244400&page=6&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

irishpint
09-06-2005, 02:21 PM
well assuming you play g00t, im glad to see you leave. i want the fishes all to myself.