PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker rude floorperson

Roy Munson
04-23-2003, 06:28 AM
I have been playing at Paradise exclusively for the past 3 years. After reading posts about other sites I decided to take the plunge and downloaded Party Poker.
During my first hour of play in an O/8 game the following situation happened. I win the low half of a hand that consisted of a main pot and two side pots that were the result of two players going all in. Both all-in players muck losing hands at the showdown and I expected to split the total of the 3 pots ($60) with the winner of the high half of the hand.
To my surprise the high half winner received $33 while I received only $27. I contacted the floorperson who informed me that since each pot contained an odd number of chips that the player closest to the blinds gets the extra odd chip. In this situation Paradise combines the total of the pots and splits it evenly or breaks it down into .25 cent increments if necessary.
After the completion of our correspondence the floorperson said the following, "Please feel free to disturb us 24 hours a day". I didn't realize that asking a floorperson to do their job is a disturbance. I cashed out and will erase their software as soon as my Neteller deposit is confirmed.

24hPOKER
04-23-2003, 07:26 AM
Hi,
I found this problem intriguing and talked to our programmers about it and how we handle it.

We have a middle way and actually give the odd chip per sidepot to the high hand but we break it down to $0.25 making the "damage" a maximum of $0.25 per sidepot.

If this happens and I get a mail about it I personally guarantee to credit that poor Low-hand winner with the amount he felt he was missing. Heck, I'll double it and give back the rake as well.

Anyway, I was wondering what the pot sizes in each pot were and where the rake has gone. I find it difficult to get the equation right with a total of 3 pots and dollars as the lowest chip. But then again, I am no math whiz.

Finally, the "Feel free to disturb..." thing was probably not intented to be rude. Having a non-English language as mothertoungue I sometimes get in to situations that can be misinterpreted. In this case I would guess that "disturb" was just a poor choice of word. I would guess s/he meant "call upon my attention" or something. Maybe in his/her language those expressions are close? i don't know.

Anyway, when you cashed out of Party try 24hPOKER and I will give you VIP-treatment. ;-)
¨
Best regards

RollaJ
04-23-2003, 09:06 AM
If this happens and I get a mail about it I personally guarantee to credit that poor Low-hand winner with the amount he felt he was missing. Heck, I'll double it and give back the rake as well.

Ok your trying a little too hard in some strange areas to get new customers........ /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

By the way do you still have a new customer bonus available? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

cmwings
04-23-2003, 10:17 AM
touchy there Roy, over the course of time, it does seem a break-even proposition. What's your response had you been on the other side?

I support partypoker, paradise, and many others, but

good luck cashing out from "thepokerclub"
mrducks/cmwings

MS Sunshine
04-23-2003, 12:25 PM
This practice is a holdover from live poker. It took too much time to break chips down every time there was a odd chip. When the net poker started up most sites wanted the games as close to how you play live for the player's comfort. IMO

Since speed is a non-factor it should be chopped to nearest cent and that cent randomly given to one of the players. The only problem is it's a pain to have cents in the number on a share of a pot($127.24) and dropping the cents will have e-mails to support from new low-limit player asking where the dollar went.

As to the "Please feel free to disturb us 24 hours a day" comment, I think you might be reading more into this comment being backhanded humor, at your expense, than is the case. Since I'm unaware of any PartyPoker support person WITH a sense of humor, at this time. That British schooling thing cracks me up. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

MS Sunshine

Mangatang
04-23-2003, 01:19 PM
mrsnakes
mrnot
osar, cmbdi's
lib, mrsnakes

cmwings
04-23-2003, 01:29 PM
m r ducks
m r not
o s m r, c m wings
l i b
m r ducks.

too funny

goog luck cashing out from "thepokerclub"!
mrducks/cmwings