PDA

View Full Version : A clear turn fold??

09-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Playin 2-4 limit and i look down at pocket aces first hand already posted on the Button Heres the action and it looks all good until the turn....

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChazDazzle [As Ah]
::folds around::
MP1: calls $2
ChazDazzle: raises $2 to $4
SB: calls $3
BB: calls $2
*** FLOP *** [6c 3c Kd]
SB: checks
BB: checks
MP1: checks
ChazDazzle: bets $2
SB: calls $2
MP1: folds
*** TURN *** [6c 3c Kd] [6d]
ChazDazzle: bets $4
SB: calls $4
BB: raises $4 to $8
ChazDazzle: calls $4
*** RIVER *** [6c 3c Kd 6d] [3d]
BB: bets $4
SB: folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Is this a clear fold on the turn? What exactly is the BB calling with on the flop and then raising the turn if not a 6, leaving me with 2 outs. Discuss

TheHip41
09-06-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Playin 2-4 limit and i look down at pocket aces first hand already posted on the Button Heres the action and it looks all good until the turn....

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChazDazzle [As Ah]
::folds around::
ChazDazzle: raises $2 to $4
SB: calls $3
*** FLOP *** [6c 3c Kd]
MP1: checks
ChazDazzle: bets $2
SB: calls $2
MP1: folds
*** TURN *** [6c 3c Kd] [6d]
ChazDazzle: bets $4
BB: raises $4 to $8
*** RIVER *** [6c 3c Kd 6d] [3d]
BB: bets $4
SB: folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Is this a clear fold on the turn? What exactly is the BB calling with on the flop and then raising the turn if not a 6, leaving me with 2 outs. Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

i play it the same

09-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I think it's a close decision. BB likely has a 6. However, BB might have you on a weak hand as you raised from the button after posting. You will also be shown a bluff once in a while. And SB is in there padding the pot. So I'm probably showing down, but I wouldn't feel too weak about a fold either.

teajay
09-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't fold the turn. Especially first hand in, you don't know BBs play at all.

The river card sucks though, but once again a good call.

Dagger78
09-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Since it's your first hand at the table I think you have to call it down. With any read I would fold this on the turn.

TheHammer24
09-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Definitely don't fold the river for one bet. I may consider 3-Betting the Turn A LOT here. Although the chance of being capped sucks, a thinking player will very often pick off your supposed steal attempt with his K. He now has two pair too by the way or maybe just a flush draw. What hands does he call with a 6? A6s? 67s? Against a raise and there's already a limper in, I don't think the three-bet is a bad line.