PDA

View Full Version : The Constant Gardener

swede123
09-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Went to see this over the weekend. A few observations:

1) At 30 years old I was probably 15-20 years younger than the average person in the theatre.

2) One of the few movies in recent memory that didn't have people carry on conversations during the movie - this made me very happy.

3) Ralph Fiennes is pretty damn good. In fact, I can't recall the last bad performance of his.

4) It made me interested in reading the book. I haven't read much by John Le Carre. Anyone around here a fan?

5) Overall the movie was entertaining, but a bit political/one sided for my tastes.

6) I'd give the movie 3.5 out of 5.

7) Rachel Weisz can be incredibly hot. She wasn't in this movie.

Swede

TheBlueMonster
09-06-2005, 10:55 AM
I think I'm gonna see it thursday night. All the reviews I've read say it's phenomenal

samjjones
09-06-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Went to see this over the weekend. A few observations:

1) At 30 years old I was probably 15-20 years younger than the average person in the theatre.

2) One of the few movies in recent memory that didn't have people carry on conversations during the movie - this made me very happy.

3) Ralph Fiennes is pretty damn good. In fact, I can't recall the last bad performance of his.

4) It made me interested in reading the book. I haven't read much by John Le Carre. Anyone around here a fan?

5) Overall the movie was entertaining, but a bit political/one sided for my tastes.

6) I'd give the movie 3.5 out of 5.

7) Rachel Weisz can be incredibly hot. She wasn't in this movie.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
Ralph Fiennes is a really, really, really fine actor. Its a shame he hasn't gotten more work...although I believe that is of his choosing. (See Day-Lewis, Daniel)

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 10:56 AM
At least let the last thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3325809&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) work its way off the front page before starting another one.

-Skeme-
09-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I propose a new rule. Whenever you post a thread about a movie or a movie review, include the IMDB link for people to click. Jeah.

swede123
09-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Weird. I didn't find Andy's thread either by browsing through OOT or by searching for it. Anyway, here is the IMDB link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387131/)

Swede

Dominic
09-06-2005, 05:22 PM
the director, Fernando Meirelles, has to be considered one of the best filmmakers in the world right now, with City of God and The Constant Gardener to his credit.

Fantastic, beautiful film.

And Rachel Weisz was hot, I don't care what you say. Beautiful woman. I'd rather have her than a hundred Pamela Andersons or Carmen Electras.

Boris
09-06-2005, 06:07 PM
I read a bunch of LeCarre spy novels years ago. I liked almost all of them. He concentrates on the pyschological and emotional tolls of the spook profession. Not your typical James Bond type spy novels.

peachy
09-06-2005, 06:14 PM
i wanna see this movie really badly...i think rachel weisz is super hot

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
I saw this movie yesterday and thought it was very good as well. It progressed very well, trying to lead you to the next part of the story by making you think, not tricking you (a la the sixth sense).

Predictable ending though.

Weisz can look hot, but sometimes she looks like a man though. Her boobies are to be seen in this movie as well!