PDA

View Full Version : A press release sent to my office this morning re:L Pokershare

Luv2DriveTT
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
My editor forwarded it to me because she knows nothing about our little world. Some of it made me chuckle, but its interesting to see how a new upstart is trying to get the word out in the press.

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Americans can now own gambling site? Darren

I thought your audience would be interested in learning about this new company because it actually gives them a chance to own part of the company -- this is a news story, not advertising.

I represent the world's first gambling website that gives 40% of its profits directly back to its players around the world. Unlike the great majority of online gambling sites that keep their CEOs and management behind closed doors, my client is accessible, articulate about the industry and has plenty to say about targeting American gamblers.

The story broke on Dow Jones MarketWatch a couple weeks ago and Lucan M. Toh, CEO of PokerShare.com, will be briefing American business and finance media on the political, legal and market challenges of 'changing the way gambling websites operate' and the way in which hypercompetition affects business model and marketing innovation.

Are you available to talk on Wednesday or Thursday of this week? We are only setting up one-to-one phone talks at this time and it would be great to work something out for the morning hours U.S. time.

Part of the background is the fact that London is becoming the "new Silicon Valley of online gambling" and each of these companies are looking to take the lion share of the biggest market -- American gamblers.

Here's the latest press release for your files:

PokerShare.com Lets American Players Share Profits of the Online Poker Boom

'In a Space With More Than 1,000 Online Gambling Options, We Decided to Build a Site That Gives Something Back to the Players.'

-- Lucan M. Toh, CEO of PokerShare.com

LOS ANGELES -- The launch of PokerShare.com this month initiates a brand new concept in online poker -- players own profits from the site. The company will distribute a share of its profits to players whether they win or lose games -- which means that they will return 40 percent of any profits directly to players' accounts on a quarterly basis.

According to Dow Jones MarketWatch: "The ownership stake is a novel approach to marketing and customer retention ... " The online gaming industry has certainly witnessed an increase in giveaways and other incentives but this is something entirely different.

Supply and Demand 101

"It is a young, smart and energetic group of avid online gamblers that started PlayIt OwnIt Limited, the company behind PokerShare.com," according to the group's Chairman, Mr. Stephen Forsyth. "The team devised the share concept with the needs of online gamblers in mind."

In such a hyper-competitive environment, any serious company looking to gain market share must offer something above and beyond the usual cash back incentives. As members reap the rewards, word is likely to spread fast throughout the poker community that PokerShare.com is a must-stop for any
serious player.

Part of Larger Network: Base of 1 Million+ Players

PokerShare.com (http://www.PokerShare.com) announced that it has joined the Excapsa Poker Network, which includes top sites such as UltimateBet.com and UltimatePoker.com. With a combined customer base of over one million players, the Excapsa poker network allows PokerShare.com to launch their site with the critical mass required to be successful. Through UltimateBet, the poker network has earned a reputation with recreational and professional poker players as one of the best on the net.

About PokerShare.com

PokerShare.com is the world's first online poker room to offer its users the opportunity to own a percentage of the company's profits. PokerShare.com Limited (UK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PlayIt OwnIt Limited. PokerSharecom is powered by Excapsa -- one of the largest online poker networks -- and includes top sites such as UltimateBet.com and UltimatePoker.com.

Darren Shuster

Greg (FossilMan)
09-07-2005, 09:05 AM
So, if I understand this mess, it's still just a rakeback program? However, instead of getting 40% of the gross, you only get 40% of the net? Well, if that's correct, I don't know why lawyers get such a hard time from people, when it appears that marketing folks are more deserving of such a response. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Luv2DriveTT
09-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes Greg, it seems to me that this is a "new and improved" version of the same old thing... with less to offer.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

09-07-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, if I understand this mess, it's still just a rakeback program? However, instead of getting 40% of the gross, you only get 40% of the net? Well, if that's correct, I don't know why lawyers get such a hard time from people, when it appears that marketing folks are more deserving of such a response. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

It is different to a rakeback program, because, not only do you receive a share of the profits, in the event of a trade sale or floatation you will receive the profits which will be a large multiple.

Also we offer all the other bonuses on top of this 40% offer.

All the best

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager for PokerShare

whiskeytown
09-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Mr Burns: "A fool and his money are soon parted"

Homer Simpson: "I'd pay a lot of cash to someone to explain that saying to me"

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

benkahuna
09-08-2005, 02:48 AM
What are "all the other bonuses?"

dlk9s
09-08-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is in reference to good old deposit and reload bonii, on top of the "dividends" and "shares".

SoCalRugger
09-08-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is in reference to good old deposit and reload bonii, on top of the "dividends" and "shares".

[/ QUOTE ]
Which are absolutely worthless now that UB has restructured their UB points program to cap it at .5 pts per hand. It makes the bonuses 20x at best.

dlk9s
09-08-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Which are absolutely worthless now that UB has restructured their UB points program to cap it at .5 pts per hand. It makes the bonuses 20x at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

stabn
09-08-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does what UB did matter in this thread?

SoCalRugger
09-08-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokershare is a UB skin. There was a big thread about it in the Zoo. Apparently you're not eligible to get shares if you are already a UB player.

stabn
09-08-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokershare is a UB skin. There was a big thread about it in the Zoo. Apparently you're not eligible to get shares if you are already a UB player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Thanks.

I am glad i asked instead of flaming for once /images/graemlins/smile.gif.