PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker and HHs

KramerTM
09-06-2005, 10:32 AM
New to Pokertracker.

Can HHs be deleted from your harddrive once imported into PT?

MaxPowerPoker
09-06-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New to Pokertracker.

Can HHs be deleted from your harddrive once imported into PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

KramerTM
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Gracias.

And as long as we're on the subject... is there a way to know for sure if all my HHs have successfully imported? I've had to force quit my PT on many occasions while importing HHs, so I'm not sure if it got them all. (BTW, I'm importing them from a separate folder where I stored 3 months worth of HHs as I have been playing online poker longer than I've had PT... this might be irrelevant).

09-06-2005, 01:40 PM
You can just manually import them again, just to make sure, and PT will tell you if the HHs are already in the database.

KramerTM
09-06-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can just manually import them again, just to make sure, and PT will tell you if the HHs are already in the database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh.. I see. And doesn't this require some kind of compounding of the database for HHs that have been imported more than once? Or are you saying PT won't even allow you to import the same HH twice? I just recall reading something about compounding the database.

I really appreciate your patience and help.

09-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm sorta new at this myself, but from what I understand it won't import them if they're already in there. Sometimes I'll see some history files on my PC that I'm not sure about, so I'll go ahead and do a manual import just in case. PT will come back with something like:

5 hand history files read.
0 hands imported because they're already in the database.

I don't think it will compound the DB if you import again.

KramerTM
09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh OK. I'm getting it now.

Last question (hopefully). Is there a way to configure PT so that it deletes the HHs as it imports them, so you know for sure whether or not an HH has been imported?

09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Mine get automatically moved to a folder called "processed by pokertracker." I'll have to wait until I get home to see how to set it up.