PDA

View Full Version : Rake

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
04-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Maybe this is a worn-out subject for this forum, but I have to ask:

What is considered a fair rake for a 3/6 game? Is a 3/6 game beatable with 10%, $3/$4/$5 ($4 plus $1 Jackpot) drops?

How about 5/10? I'm not making any assumptions about opponent skill level or game conditions in general. Just sort of assume that you consider the game is worth playing.

What I am concerned about is possibly playing in a game where I can't win or achieve decent results, because of the rake...consequently I never move up to 10/20 where I MIGHT be able to hack it and/or overcome the rake.

I feel pretty confident in my skills right now but completely bloody ignorant when it comes to the rake. I just have absolutely no idea if a juicy-looking game is crippled by the rake or not sometimes.

Please help if you can.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma

Homer
04-23-2003, 07:13 AM
"What is considered a fair rake for a 3/6 game? Is a 3/6 game beatable with 10%, $3/$4/$5 ($4 plus $1 Jackpot) drops?"

I think the game starts getting difficult to beat when the rake is $5 a hand and your opponents aren't idiots (which won't often be the case). I haven't really given this much thought either, to be honest with you.

-- Homer