PDA

View Full Version : A call to arms for the North Americans (NA v. Euro IV)

codewarrior
09-06-2005, 07:45 AM
I think we'll have them outnumbered, outgunned, and outclassed. They got lucky last time. While my esteemed colleague across the pond is assembling a most worthy team, I believe we will prevail. This is my official call to arms. Will you march into the fray behind my standard, and show your mettle to the European doughnut punchers?

What say you?

09-06-2005, 08:00 AM
What is the task, oh mighty one?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluefeet
09-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Ship Thou!!

codewarrior
09-06-2005, 09:36 AM
To quote my friend stoneii:

[ QUOTE ]
This is an online game started about 18 months ago where players register for the continent of their choice (Europe or North America) and we all sign up to a private tournie (traditionally on stars) where obviously the higher you finish in the tournie, the more points you score for your chosen "team".

First off, it's great fun with a few extra dollars changing hands in last longer/bounty side-bets between "friends" as well as the banter that goes on during the tournie itself on terrible/class play or major suckouts.

Secondly we have managed in previous games to drag in some very experienced and skillfull players (on both teams) who generally play at a higher level than most of us and have given up the higher buy-in games for an evening with the 2+2 crowd (and the kudos of whippin fellow 2+2'ers at the felt), so you should get loads of experience too for those that haven't played in any previous matchup.

Thirdly, it is a team event with weighted scores that adjust for the imbalance in numbers etc (DrPhysic ususally runs this and has emailed me to say he'll happily do so again - thanks Doc). The money that's up for grabs is a standard multi table payout structure on stars so you're still playing for yourself first and the bragging rights to winning the whole damn thing, there have been many a player wreak havoc on fellow teammates taking loads out - it's in the poker players blood to take out anyone we can when we have the hand

Lastly, the game is a NL freezeout and the buy-in has usually been subject to a vote from participants but is always targetted at attracting everyone and not excluding those of us who play poker at modest levels. It also keeps it fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Olback
09-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Any chance of an Australian or Asia/Pacific team taking part. i.e Euro vs USA vs Australia/NZ?

I for one would be interested in that and we might have the player base that you guys have but we are home to the current WSOP Champion!

codewarrior
09-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Call yourselves the Southern Hemisphere, and we could do that. We'll have to ask Doc if the weighted scoring can handle three teams.

Doc?

Olback
09-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Ok sounds good. Let me know. Although i think the Southern Hemisphere is a rather large area to encompass. How about Asia/Pacfic instead? There must be enough people in Asia/Pacific to make this a viable idea.

How bigger team are we looking at?

Nicholasp27
09-06-2005, 09:54 AM
i'm in, depending on date/time and such

Stoneii
09-06-2005, 12:00 PM
and European Champion for that matter too - although he lives elsewhere now (Lithuania?)

There's been talk of a new type of tournament down the line and if the numbers are up for it then so are we and we've already started chatting about a round-robin style challenge with smaller teams........

but for this challenge, I think we're aiming for NA v EU to get things going.

You can of course play for either team or indeed as an independent if you'd prefer

stoneii

sng-sam
09-06-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm in time and date dependent though.

Straight Flushes,

SAM

wiggs73
09-06-2005, 12:32 PM
I'll play if my work and school schedules allow me to. Actually, I'll probably play if they don't.

the_joker
09-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm in if you want me.

codewarrior
09-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I'd be proud to have you at my side, old chum.

r2p
09-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Count me in.

AtticusFinch
09-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Count me in. Down with the limeys!