PDA

View Full Version : check/raising middle pair

Moneyline
09-06-2005, 05:09 AM
Online 10/20 9 handed

LMP is a predictable rock; Button is slightly loose, very aggressive preflop, and slightly aggressive to aggressive postflop.

UTG folds, I limp in EP with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, folded to LMP who calls, CO folds, button raises, blinds fold, LMP and I call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players, 7 SBs)

I check, LMP checks, button bets, I raise, LMP folds, button calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (heads up, 5.5 BBs)

I bet, button raises, I call)

River: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (9.5 BBs)

I check, button bets, I fold.

speirs
09-06-2005, 05:14 AM
I guess there is something to say for the c/r on the flop. But I think you should fold to the turn raise though.

shant
09-06-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess there is something to say for the c/r on the flop. But I think you should fold to the turn raise though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like the checkraise on an A-high flop, but he can't fold the turn with 7-9 outs.

speirs
09-06-2005, 05:20 AM
You are right, I completely misread the board.

Moneyline
09-06-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the checkraise on an A-high flop

[/ QUOTE ]

What line do you prefer?

TIA...

shant
09-06-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the checkraise on an A-high flop

[/ QUOTE ]

What line do you prefer?

TIA...

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in a situation like this yesterday where I had KT on an ATx flop and after talking it over with Jason, I agreed the best line would be to c/c, c/c, bet. I was HU though.

Maybe checkraising the flop is best to get rid of the middle player, but since he's a predictable rock, whatever he's folding for 2 bets he was probably already folding for one.

Solid_p
09-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I really don't like the check/raise with the A on the board. Most likely, one of your opponents have an A. I would cc the flop and see what the turn brings. If the rock comes along, I would check/fold the turn unimproved. Otherwise, I would consider check/calling all the way against this aggressive player, who might bet his mid pp or missed high cards all the way. Against a more standard player, I think it's a check/fold on the turn unimproved.